Noise vs. Upgrade

PAGirl

Earning My Ears
HELP! I need some advice from all you helpful and ever-so-wise cruise disers. I'm currently booked in cabin 6052 for a 7 night. It connects with another cabin. Originally I booked it to be near the middle of the ship. Now I keep reading that some adjoining cabins can be noisy depending on your luck of neighbors. I thought of keeping the cabin IN CASE perhaps someone would need adjoining cabins and I might get upgraded.

Does anyone know if that ever happens and how likely that might be?

Also, isn't there a website that shows the current available cabins if there are enough people who tell me to switch - I can see what is still available?

THANK YOU OH SO MUCH FOR YOUR ADVICE! YOU ARE ALL SOOO HELPFUL!!!

Depending on how far off you are booked (I believe they only show 6 months or 9 month out), Expedia.com will show you some rooms available. Just click on the cruise section. I never had experience with an adjoining room. Maybe someone else to can help you there. I wouldn't hope for an upgrade though because they are few and far between. Especially with the Magic.

Based soley on the fact that you have an adjoining room. Basically Disney would just tell someone that requested one (if they were all taken) tough luck there are none left. I doubt very highly they would start upgrading people just so someone could have an connecting cabin.

That does not mean you have no hopes of an upgrade but I think your chance is the same whether you are in a connecting room or not. And those chances are very slim :)

So if I were concerned about the noise (a valid concern in my opinion) I would just ask to be moved now.

We were on the Magic in June 2002 and requested adjoining rooms and were never even close to getting them. We were very lucky they said to even get on the same deck. We ended up in 7592 & 7132.

We were in 7005 our first cruise (May 2002). I didn't notice any noise at all from our neighbors. One nice benefit of the adjoiner is that there is a little "cubby" created by the doorway. We kept our shoes there so that we didn't trip over them, but the kids could find them quickly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter