• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

No Magic Bands, no physical tickets - how to get in?

My daughter and friend are going next week and are in the same boat- bought ticket online but no card- will they issue it to you as you scan your phone to get in or do you have to go to guest services?
They don't "scan" the phone. They just look at your ticket numbers listed on the phone (or you can just carry a paper list of your ticket numbers,) then they will issue everyone plastic tickets to use. No need to go to Guest Relations at all.

Last edited:
Customer Service area would probably print grey MB's for free - but the ones you can buy are cuter. If a family member doesn't care it might save you some $$$.

Go straight to the entrance like you would if you already had a park ticket. If you show an e-mail ticket to them they will hand you a card ticket that you can scan immediately.

I didn't know this the first time I tried this and I wasted time trying to go to some window first.

I would stop at the ticket window prior to entering your first park and they’ll probably be able to print a KTTW card for you.

Yes, we had MBs. One day my 6 year old forgot hers. We stopped at the ticket window and they were able to print her a card.

Really? Because they're off property?

My daughter left her magic band at the resort one morning- we went to guest relations to get a new one- had to pay the $15 or whatever it was- which was fine bc we were there for rope drop and going back to get it wasn't worth losing that- but no color was offered as free. I think the only MB you get free are the ones that come with your package if you are staying on property. Off site guests have to buy one- they don't get one free. They will print a card free- but any MB has to be bought.

My daughter left her magic band at the resort one morning- we went to guest relations to get a new one- had to pay the $15 or whatever it was- which was fine bc we were there for rope drop and going back to get it wasn't worth losing that- but no color was offered as free. I think the only MB you get free are the ones that come with your package if you are staying on property. Off site guests have to buy one- they don't get one free. They will print a card free- but any MB has to be bought.
Yup.

1. And because guest services doesn’t have a supply of bands at their locations.
2. Plus free magicbands are going away in 3 days,
so they definitely wouldn’t print out a free one.
1. Well, generally, they often do have some. (But, with the “down-playing” of the importance of MB’s, the on-hand stock might be less, now.)
2. Yup.
3. And since you mentioned “printing out a MB” again...
They don’t ever “print out” MB’s when guests get them in-person at WDW.
No need to “print” anything on a MB.
The MB’s “burned in” internal electronic number is entered in a guest’s MDE account, and that’s basically all that’s needed.

1. Well, generally, they often do have some. (But, with the “down-playing” of the importance of MB’s, the on-hand stock might be less, now.)
2. Yup.
3. And since you mentioned “printing out a MB” again...
They don’t ever “print out” MB’s when guests get them in-person at WDW.
No need to “print” anything on a MB.
The MB’s “burned in” internal electronic number is entered in a guest’s MDE account, and that’s basically all that’s needed.
Oh I knew about the printing out verbiage. I was just using that wording as that’s what the OP used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter