No Hurricanes Please- A Redemption Trip- November 2018 PTR-Updated 11/17/18 New TR Links

Enjoy a non-DDP vacation! If you don't want an entree - you are free to make a meal of appetizers or skip dessert if you want to! Remember you also can get a free photo op at Hollywood Studios with it too!

Good for you! Disney has raised prices on the DDP so fast that they've made if ineffective other than if you eat at a bunch of buffets with kids. Way better to pay out of pocket. Especially if you decide to try some of the F&W experiences, which don't take DDP.

Since you got the Disney Visa as you say several restaurants on your lists have the Disney Visa discount. The best place to find those - mouseperks dot com. Boma and Sanaa are both included in that I know. Not a lot of the restaurants in the parks have the discounts, though. The important habit to get into is always ask. We have Disney Visa, DVC discount and last trip AP discount and TIW, but we still need to ask everywhere.

Thank you for the information. I'm looking on that website right now. I did do some research and saw that Boma and Sanaa are both included. I think that Rose and Crown is, too. I have some coupons from my Birnbaum's book that also gives us 10% some restaurants and I'll be signing up for a Landry's card for Yal & Yeti. My husband's birthday is 10/29 so we'll have his birthday reward and a welcome reward to use there. I'm getting pretty excited about discounts, ha!

Enjoy a non-DDP vacation! If you don't want an entree - you are free to make a meal of appetizers or skip dessert if you want to! Remember you also can get a free photo op at Hollywood Studios with it too!

Yes! I'm excited to order some kids options as well. There are plenty of places where we don't want dessert like Tokyo Dining and Teppan Edo or we do want an appetizer and split an entrée. This is going to work out.

A free photo op? Good to know, thank you!

One Surprise Down!

So, I just booked afternoon tea for my husband! Yeah! :jumping1: We will be there during our no park day on 11/7/18 @ 3:05. We've never been over to the Grand Floridian so it will be nice to explore the resort. I read that music starts from the pianist at 3:00 so that will be an extra treat as well. Hooray for tea!

tea.gif

Hi Shannon! Don't know why it took me 2+ months to figure out you started this but I'm here now. Of course loving all of your dining reservations :-) We've never done the disney dining plan and have never regretted it. We like the flexibility of ordering what we want, plus we normally share food.

And loving your hubby's name by the way :P

Hi Shannon! Don't know why it took me 2+ months to figure out you started this but I'm here now. Of course loving all of your dining reservations :-) We've never done the disney dining plan and have never regretted it. We like the flexibility of ordering what we want, plus we normally share food.

And loving your hubby's name by the way :P

Hi, Kari! So glad to have you here! Hey, you're one of my inspirations for skipping the dining plan this year! You always have such great reviews.

Haha, he gets called Mason and James a lot. We just roll with it.

You will LOVE afternoon tea! We just did it for the third time in March.
You should also stop in for a cocktail at Mizners!!!!

Joining in! Sounds like a fun trip--AKL is such a gorgeous resort...and all your ADRs...yum! I think you're right to drop the Dining Plan--it can be a bit restrictive. With your shiny new Disney Visa (jealous!) to get you the discounts and a planned out budget, you've already got all the advantages of the dining plan without any of the restrictions. :)

And now the never-ending waiting until fastpass day....nothing left to do but mess with ADRs, amirite? :)

Joining in! Sounds like a fun trip--AKL is such a gorgeous resort...and all your ADRs...yum! I think you're right to drop the Dining Plan--it can be a bit restrictive. With your shiny new Disney Visa (jealous!) to get you the discounts and a planned out budget, you've already got all the advantages of the dining plan without any of the restrictions. :)

And now the never-ending waiting until fastpass day....nothing left to do but mess with ADRs, amirite? :)

Welcome! I'm glad to have you here! Thank you for the encouragement. You are so right. That's why I change them 257 times. I already told my husband I didn't want tokyo dining anymore for our anniversary. I got an eyeroll in response. I think he played TAPS for Marrakesh.

I hopped over to catch up on your plans!

I plan on making my final choice this weekend and booking. We are off to the Disney store soon for some inspiration! Who knows, a stuffed giraffe may hit me in the head to indicate AKL is the right choice. :rotfl:
Ha! It would have to have been one of those Giant ones! AKL is on my bucket list to stay at one day.

The bottom line is, we're going back! Hooray!
tinkerbelle-gif.300230
YEAH!!!!

So, he told me it was an investment because he knew how much I loved Disney and how much I wanted to do this. He believes in me!
Sounds like he is a keeper! ;)

Disclaimer*: There is nothing "final" with me. I know it. Jason knows it. Disney knows it. You know it. I can almost guarantee that when my trip report is released after we return in November that our dining reservations will, in fact, be different. I'm just being real here.
Ha! Isn't that why we are all on here?

Lunch- Sanaa. This is a new one. My husband loves Indian food. I'm. . . skittish. I like trying new things, but I don't usually like Indian food enough to make a meal out of it. I tested out the menu, and I think I'll be okay. There's safety in Naan!
So, you can DEF make a meal out of the bread service for sure. But if you want to try a entree, try the Chicken Tandori. It's basically marinated Chicken and not spicy at all.

Dinner- 50's Prime Time Café. Nothing to really say about this. HS is my least favorite park, but I'm hoping for the Star Wars dessert party this night. It'll be a huge surprise for Jason. In fact, we may not even need much of a dinner if we attend the party, but the dates aren't posted yet. Come on Disney, help a girl out.
Def save room for the desserts at the Star Wars Dessert Party! We did one awhile back and you can def fill up on the desserts and they now have some cheese and stuff.

Can't wait to hear about things as you plan the rest of the trip.

Welcome! I'm glad to have you here! Thank you for the encouragement. You are so right. That's why I change them 257 times. I already told my husband I didn't want tokyo dining anymore for our anniversary. I got an eyeroll in response. I think he played TAPS for Marrakesh.

LOL Taps for Marrakesh. Love it :) My husband just kind of goes with the flow--he hates planning, and so is super happy that I enjoy it so much. I cut all his picks last trip, so they *have* to stick this time, otherwise I'd be thinking of cutting Coral Reef..... :)

I hopped over to catch up on your plans!

Ha! It would have to have been one of those Giant ones! AKL is on my bucket list to stay at one day.

YEAH!!!!

Sounds like he is a keeper! ;)

Ha! Isn't that why we are all on here?

So, you can DEF make a meal out of the bread service for sure. But if you want to try a entree, try the Chicken Tandori. It's basically marinated Chicken and not spicy at all.

Def save room for the desserts at the Star Wars Dessert Party! We did one awhile back and you can def fill up on the desserts and they now have some cheese and stuff.

Can't wait to hear about things as you plan the rest of the trip.

Thank you for coming over!

Thanks for the tip for Sanaa! I like butter chicken, too, so I think I'll be okay. Naan is more than enough, but my husband could eat his weight in that stuff. He goes to the local buffet every Saturday just to load up on it.

I can't wait for the party. I don't like star wars much, but he will love it! I'm so excited to see his reaction.

LOL Taps for Marrakesh. Love it :) My husband just kind of goes with the flow--he hates planning, and so is super happy that I enjoy it so much. I cut all his picks last trip, so they *have* to stick this time, otherwise I'd be thinking of cutting Coral Reef..... :)

Girlfriend, you are speaking my language. We have to let them gave their say occasionally right?

Girlfriend, you are speaking my language. We have to let them gave their say occasionally right?

Exactly!!! :rotfl2: Though I suppose I shouldn't complain too much, considering that to avoid changing ADRs I've been spending money on etsy for disney buttons/magic band decorations like there's no tomorrow and buying one of the Dress Shop dresses ($$$!!) from the disney store online and he's just been all "ok, sounds good!"

I Was Starting to Think Wishin on Stars was for Babies and Crazy People

Ugh. It's raining. And I'm sleepy. But it's only 6:18. Fine, I'll spend my time online researching our trip.

Today's update is dedicated to the one and only, Miss Charlotte La Bouff. In fact, she gets her own pink font. You have probably figured it out by now, but I love Charlotte. We are kindred souls. In fact, if I'm being honest, she is the spitting image of my little golden-haired self as a child. My precious grandmother made me princess dresses for Halloween that I wore to play dress up. I never kissed a frog, but I've got myself a prince now so that's all good. When I was little I wanted everyone to call me Ariel because The Little Mermaid was my favorite. She will always have a special place in my heart, but she gets plenty of recognition while Lottie does not. She is fun and spunky, and I wish Disney would give her her own spin off. Well, today, Miss Lottie, I'm going to honor you!

So, I've never Disneybound before. I'm not coordinated to put character outfits together other than I wore all blue when I went to Crystal Palace for Eeyore. I usually just wear shirts with Disney themes or characters, but I thought I may try to piece together something pink. I love pink! Here are a couple of images I saw online I thought were cute.

lottie.jpg

charlotte.jpg

The first is definitely more theme park casual while the second would be more for our anniversary dinner. It wouldn't be the exact same dress, but some sort of short pink dress and maybe a cardigan since it will be November. Maybe throw in some frog jewelry for the first one.

So, I wanted some ears. I found these.

charlotteears.jpg

OMG SOMEONE GET ME THESE EARS!!!! I LOVE THEM!!!! Seriously, they are adorable. I'm so glad someone out there took the time to make something about her.

charlotteexcited.gif

Thanks for stopping by and helping me to honor this mardi gras princess!

Boo rain--it's crazy thunderstorms here too. I'll admit I don't have strong feelings about Lottie one way or the other, but I loved reading about how much you love her. And those ears are ADORABLE! You should definitely do a Lottie disneybound. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter