Night of Joy

tiggergranny

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever gone to this and if so can you tell me more about it.

I know when it is(Sept. 9-11) and how much it is $$$$
and I know the artists that will be there what I need to know if what they do and how they do it .

Night of Joy is a "hard ticket" event, which means that at the end of the MK day, they'll empty the park, and only those folks with a NOJ ticket will get in. That obviously limits the number of people in the park, although it can still get a bit crowded.

All the rides and shops are open, and some of the restaurants. There are stages set up all throughout the Park -- one in Frontierland, one in Tomorrowland, etc -- and they also utilize the Castle Forecourt stage and other performance areas that are already there. There is no parade, but usually some type of fireworks display. But the draw is the concerts, which are all Christian rock or Christian soul groups. The demographic is older teen through late 20s, with a batch of thirtysomethings as well. As you get into the "middle ages," you'll see fewer and fewer folks ... it seems to be mostly a 40-and-under event, although all ages are welcomed.

This year's talent line-up is: September 9 – Avalon, Jars of Clay, 4HIM, FFH, Michael W. Smith; Point of Grace, Mark Schultz, and Across The Sky; September 10 – Steven Curtis Chapman, Third Day, Rebecca St. James, Stryper, Skillet, Downhere, Warren Barfield; Sonic Flood; September 11 – Kirk Franklin, Jaci Velazquez, Ce Ce Winans, Salvador, Jeremy Camp, Joy Williams, Jump 5, 12 Stones.

:earsboy:

No it is not a BIT crowded, it is very very crowded and extremely loud everywhere in the park and filled with teenagers who have some of the worst manners and behavior I have ever seen.
getting tickets and going to that event was one of the worst mistakes I ever made on a vacation. I bought for two nights, no one could have paid me enough to go back the second night.

I have heard its full of rowdy church youth groups =) The CM's hate working it LOL =)

I was once a rowdy church youth group member... I know how we got...

They have an AWESOME lineup, though!!!!! VERY impressive! And the prices aren't bad at all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter