• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2020

This is now Chapek's Disney now, soon there will be no magic. The customer is nothing but a paycheck and they will come regardless of price or product, in his eyes at least.

I think I will call him Gru. We will have to take a 3 hour exam and won't see any of the park. That's a Minions Mayhem reference from Universal Orlando. It's in the preshow.

Are you saying the reason it is cut is to save money because those cast members cost more? (And Disney is just using the pandemic as a excuse to save some money in the short term?)

I guess it is safety and immersion too. I wouldn’t want the Savi’s person to be wearing a mask, it would ruin the experience . So if a mask won’t work within the show, then no show since the cast member can’t be protected? Is that the criteria we think?

Different union, different rules, different demands. The Princesses aren’t meeting guests either, so why would the Jedi? That’s basically the thinking.

I was SEIU in college and thought about trying to become Equity when I still wanted to make acting my vocation. It’s hard to explain, but they’re just a different union.

Makes sense. I couldn’t understand how The Lion King could happen due to how close the actors are.

Turtle Talk doesn’t work as CMs with microphones would need to get too close to guests and the shared mic situation is dangerous.

Yeah. Complete speculation, but I also suspect that those AK theatres will become cooling stations. Animal Kingdom gets very hot and there isn’t really any good refuge from the heat.

I just spent the day at Silver Dollar City and they turned their big theatre into a cooling station and that park has tons of shade.

Are you saying the reason it is cut is to save money because those cast members cost more? (And Disney is just using the pandemic as a excuse to save some money in the short term?)

I guess it is safety and immersion too. I wouldn’t want the Savi’s person to be wearing a mask, it would ruin the experience . So if a mask won’t work within the show, then no show since the cast member can’t be protected? Is that the criteria we think?
Seems they could wear a helmet/mask like Lando in RotJ, with a medical mask under it.

Happy new year! Hoping to hit all 6 US parks this year, which I’ve never done before...so I’m extra interested in all 2020 news!
We’re pulling the plug on WDW for September. Too many people being too irresponsible in Florida for us, and not thrilled about the plane situation currently either. Gonna hang on to the reservation for a bit in case Disney offers anything to move to 2021, and will try for Spring. Hanging on to DLR for November for now; I actually feel a lot better about that one for a variety of reasons.

Maybe we can do all 6 parks in 2022 or 2023.

We’re pulling the plug on WDW for September. Too many people being too irresponsible in Florida for us, and not thrilled about the plane situation currently either. Gonna hang on to the reservation for a bit in case Disney offers anything to move to 2021, and will try for Spring. Hanging on to DLR for November for now; I actually feel a lot better about that one for a variety of reasons.

Yeah, not sure I'd actually go anyways. But no way I'm going with the AP restrictions. I'm just glad I haven't activated them yet.

Orange County, CA and Orange County, FL are having very similar spikes in cases right now.

Orange County, CA and Orange County, FL are having very similar spikes in cases right now.
Yes, but I’m (hopefully not irrationally) optimistic that things will improve after these spikes. That will take time. And my November DLR trip is farther away from now than my September WDW one.

There’s other reasons too, for example I think the hours will be better, and we won’t have to take poorly ventilated buses.

ETA I’m diabetic so these concerns loom a little larger for me than they probably do for most people.

Yes, but I’m (hopefully not irrationally) optimistic that things will improve after these spikes. That will take time. And my November DLR trip is farther away from now than my September WDW one.

There’s other reasons too, for example I think the hours will be better, and we won’t have to take poorly ventilated buses.

ETA I’m diabetic so these concerns loom a little larger for me than they probably do for most people.
Wearing a mask in DLR in November is gonna be much more pleasant than WDW in September.

I already cancelled my July reservations. Even if I felt safe (which I don't), I'm from NY and am technically not allowed in the parks unless I was quarantined 2 weeks.

Makes sense. I couldn’t understand how The Lion King could happen due to how close the actors are.

Turtle Talk doesn’t work as CMs with microphones would need to get too close to guests and the shared mic situation is dangerous.
FOTL is happening in the other parks (HK etc) so I am kinda surprised. But if its based on unions that makes more sense

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter