News Round Up 2020

And if you just buy the toy and don't get the happy meal box one would never know without looking it up.
We have gotten 8 MMRR happy meals so far all have come in the standard red happy meal box. I didn’t even realize there was a special box.

The code works fine in their app.
Right . my codes worked fine when putting the codes direct on their website (call me old-fashioned).
I'll keep my eyes out here on when they start re-releasing. We have 4 down (the only 4 they seem to have in the area) and the kids (okay .. and me) are anxious to get the rest!

On another, non-McDonald's note.. I saw some leaked Disney+ trailer on the interwebs that indicates there will be a "18+" Disney+? Is that true? Just part of the profile .. or a separate app (and subscription) you think? Seemed to show that Rated R movies may be making their way to Disney+ like Deadpool, Logan, and Black Widow.

While I enjoy watching D+ on my own (watching throwback cartoons) .. the only thing "adult" I ever watch with the wife on there is the Mandalorian, so I think that is a market Disney wants to tap into (especially after acquiring Fox). .

News (pretty significant news I would say)

This is a ways off although it will be interesting to see how it will change Disney transportation. Will DME be replaced? Will there be a mini version of DME between the station and the resorts? Since luggage is not allowed on normal Disney buses, I’m guessing in time we’ll find out what changes might be made.

Right . my codes worked fine when putting the codes direct on their website (call me old-fashioned).
I'll keep my eyes out here on when they start re-releasing. We have 4 down (the only 4 they seem to have in the area) and the kids (okay .. and me) are anxious to get the rest!

On another, non-McDonald's note.. I saw some leaked Disney+ trailer on the interwebs that indicates there will be a "18+" Disney+? Is that true? Just part of the profile .. or a separate app (and subscription) you think? Seemed to show that Rated R movies may be making their way to Disney+ like Deadpool, Logan, and Black Widow.

While I enjoy watching D+ on my own (watching throwback cartoons) .. the only thing "adult" I ever watch with the wife on there is the Mandalorian, so I think that is a market Disney wants to tap into (especially after acquiring Fox). .
I don’t know about that either way but I certainly wish it was easy to wall off anything that isnt TV-Y or G.

This is a ways off although it will be interesting to see how it will change Disney transportation. Will DME be replaced? Will there be a mini version of DME between the station and the resorts? Since luggage is not allowed on normal Disney buses, I’m guessing in time we’ll find out what changes might be made.
Very doubtful. It really depends on where this station is located and how Disney uses it. It seems like it will be further from DS than originally seemed.

I didn't but it would replace DME, but I could see it as an option for people staying at Disney Springs hotels - easy for them to have shuttles that pick you up at that station and back to the hotel

I think many of us felt like if people actually are spending the money, traveling down there (especially in the heat and humidity) they would be less like to push the boundaries so it's nice to see at least on the mask part majority observationally speaking seem to be following that rule.

I know some people on some threads thought Disney would be lax in their enforcement (can't blame them there and I did wonder about it) but they seem to be much better at this in their consistency. I'm guessing there's a lot more at stake here than is your stroller an inch over the new (well what was new) guideline.

On a somewhat related note I'm actually a bit surprised that tensions between guests haven't been higher in the parks for any rule violations (the article touched on a few I just expected more I guess) but maybe most people are just wanting to be in the parks when under normal circumstances it would be 'it's hot out I'm cranky and hungry and tired, etc' fueling short-tempers. Our local news just covered a story where a local man was beaten up (punched in the head, pushed to the ground and lost consciousness) after he exited his vehicle without a mask on (which he's not required if he's 6ft from people) the twist being the mask was actually in his hand ready to be put on. The poor guy thinks he suffered a concussion and a police investigation has been started. I don't think WDW is all sunshine and daisies right now of course just seems people may be less angsty there maybe IDK :confused3

These numbers are *nowheres near* high enough for me to go. Maybe at like 99.8% (1 in 500 non-compliant). Far too much of the park is indoors where the air circulates all day for 95% to be good enough.

Maybe they’ll install more Purell stations in response to the article about the airborne virus.
I actually think the numbers are higher than I anticipated especially as fatigue has set in in a lot of areas. The reason I say that is he says "correctly". People may be wearing their masks out and about but correctly? That's been far more spotty and a lot of people comment about that. I see a good amount of compliance in my direct area with respects to masks but wearing it properly that number always drops.

Great article - I particularly like: , “No one wants to pay $120 to get into a theme park and then get kicked out for not wearing a 50-cent mask. Not great economics there.”

While there are those that find masks a freedom issue or just don't believe they work (and those opinions are valid), a private theme park you pay to enter isn't the place to 'protest' that. :)

That being said -- it still doesn't make the place 100% safe and sometimes it feels some (not all) people think naively if "everyone" just "follow the rules" that we'll be okay. - Not everyone is going to follow the rules (or wear a mask correctly) .. simple as that.

Just curious for those there recently. Does mask compliance seem to be the same at Disney Springs as it is in the parks? It seems on here that mask compliance is lower at Disney Springs but possibly that is just my interpretation.

These numbers are *nowheres near* high enough for me to go. Maybe at like 99.8% (1 in 500 non-compliant). Far too much of the park is indoors where the air circulates all day for 95% to be good enough.

Maybe they’ll install more Purell stations in response to the article about the airborne virus.
95% is great compared to ANYWHERE i go around where I live. Most older people around here have their noses out. I felt way safer at Disney last weekend.

I actually think the numbers are higher than I anticipated especially as fatigue has set in in a lot of areas. The reason I say that is he says "correctly". People may be wearing their masks out and about but correctly? That's been far more spotty and a lot of people comment about that. I see a good amount of compliance in my direct area with respects to masks but wearing it properly that number always drops.
I just got back, and it felt like Disney was doing a good job of enforcement during the week and I saw very little non-compliance. However, on the weekend, when it got uncomfortably crowded as parks filled close to 35% capacity, there was much more frequent improper use. With the increased crowds, 6 feet was really not possible so it was a little concerning to see all of the masks below noses or off entirely. I also saw plenty of yellow shirted cast members during the week, but not one on the weekend when there are more people and more need to monitor masks.

Just curious for those there recently. Does mask compliance seem to be the same at Disney Springs as it is in the parks? It seems on here that mask compliance is lower at Disney Springs but possibly that is just my interpretation.
I was surprised it was as good as it was after i heard stories on here. We ate and drank at Springs two days in a row, and when walking, everyone had them on. Just by nature of there being more outdoor eating and drinking you do see more maskless people when you look around though they are seated.

I think many of us felt like if people actually are spending the money, traveling down there (especially in the heat and humidity) they would be less like to push the boundaries so it's nice to see at least on the mask part majority observationally speaking seem to be following that rule.

I know some people on some threads thought Disney would be lax in their enforcement (can't blame them there and I did wonder about it) but they seem to be much better at this in their consistency. I'm guessing there's a lot more at stake here than is your stroller an inch over the new (well what was new) guideline.

On a somewhat related note I'm actually a bit surprised that tensions between guests haven't been higher in the parks for any rule violations (the article touched on a few I just expected more I guess) but maybe most people are just wanting to be in the parks when under normal circumstances it would be 'it's hot out I'm cranky and hungry and tired, etc' fueling short-tempers. Our local news just covered a story where a local man was beaten up (punched in the head, pushed to the ground and lost consciousness) after he exited his vehicle without a mask on (which he's not required if he's 6ft from people) the twist being the mask was actually in his hand ready to be put on. The poor guy thinks he suffered a concussion and a police investigation has been started. I don't think WDW is all sunshine and daisies right now of course just seems people may be less angsty there maybe IDK :confused3

I was one of those that worried about how tough their enforcement would be - as Disney often follows the "the guest is always right" mentality and those that complain get bonus FPs and stuff .. so I worried it would be more friendly language and then not really doing much to enforce

Glad I was wrong (or at least my worry was misplaced) - guess with this truly being a "safety" thing and that being the Key that has highest priority (above show) they aren't messing around - which is good

95% is great compared to ANYWHERE i go around where I live. Most older people around here have their noses out. I felt way safer at Disney last weekend.
It’s probably consistent with what I see in Columbus and far better than what I’ve seen in rural Ohio, but on the occasion I have ventured into a store or a gas station or what not, I am in and out as fast as I reasonably can be. A theme park is different altogether.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter