News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree - having new stories is definitely a good thing. As for Frozen 2, I actually think it has the potential to be better than the first, but that's because I thought the first one was actually kind of a weaker movie. While I thought the music was good and the scenes and interactions with Anna, Kristoff, and Olaf were the strength of the movie, I thought the overall story was weak and most of the Elsa stuff really as well. Obviously it's well known that Elsa changed from an antagonist to a protagonist, and I think that shows in the disjointed feel (to me) of the movie. I think now that they have the characters and their roles more formed, they could create a movie with a more cohesive story and feel to it. I think they will likely have a hard time with the fact that "Let It Go" was just next level huge as a song, it's unlikely they will match that. The story and movie itself has the potential to be better though.
"Into the Unknown" is no "Let it Go" .. that's for sure.

I am very curious about the story of Frozen 2 . it feels "dark"

I think they will likely have a hard time with the fact that "Let It Go" was just next level huge as a song, it's unlikely they will match that. The story and movie itself has the potential to be better though.

"Into the Unknown" is no "Let it Go" .. that's for sure.

LOL - I was just about to respond to @Anthony Vito about “Into the Unknown”! We sometimes will listen to Disney Hits on Apple Music, and so I heard Panic! At the Disco’s version. I will say it may not be a “good” song, but it is very catchy. And having Brendon Urie sing it will almost guarantee a hit as he has a huge audience, primarily consisting of pre-teen through college girls (as my ears can attest to having seen him in concert).

I'm a huge comic geek, but I'm starting to get a bit worried that they're going to fry the audience with all these releases. It's not that there aren't a ton of great stories and characters to mine from the decades of Marvel comics ... but with flooding the theaters ALONG with launching properties consistently on Disney+, don't be surprised if we see some fan burnout. It always happens in the comics industry so I see no reason this won't happen in the MCU as well

I'm a huge comic geek, but I'm starting to get a bit worried that they're going to fry the audience with all these releases. It's not that there aren't a ton of great stories and characters to mine from the decades of Marvel comics ... but with flooding the theaters ALONG with launching properties consistently on Disney+, don't be surprised if we see some fan burnout. It always happens in the comics industry so I see no reason this won't happen in the MCU as well

That was one of my thoughts too - or at the least they are really going to be testing the limits of how much fans can handle

If after this there are no signs of burnout, etc that will really say something

People have been saying “comic book fatigue” for years, and it’s never happened. The MCU has been putting out 3 movies/year (except this year) for the last 3 years on top of Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Cloak and Dagger and 7 other streaming shows. I’m sure they’ll be fine.

The MCU has been putting out 3 movies/year (except this year) for the last 3 years on top of Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Cloak and Dagger and 7 other streaming shows. I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Interesting, 3 a year of MCU and all of these new ones (5 more in the next 2 years) are scheduled, yet Star Wars needs to stop for a FEW YEARS because 1 per year was too many.

I'm a huge comic geek, but I'm starting to get a bit worried that they're going to fry the audience with all these releases.

obviously I'm just a sample size of one, but as long as they keep putting out quality flicks and using great actors that bring the characters to life, I'll keep watching them. :teeth: and I've never read a comic in my life (though I've got friends that do, so I know more about the characters than your average viewer).

bring on phase 4! :banana:

Interesting, 3 a year of MCU and all of these new ones (5 more in the next 2 years) are scheduled, yet Star Wars needs to stop for a FEW YEARS because 1 per year was too many.

Yeah, certainly shows the difference in the properties and how they have been received. I do think a big thing has been how the different Marvel movies have been able to have different times and feature different characters.

I mean, yeah, Solo and Rogue One feel a little different than the main storyline movie but nothing is as contrasting as like a Guardians of the Galaxy or Thor: Ragnorak ... That helps keep things fresh

But definitely interesting

The MCU people have had a long term plan. The Star Wars people just made movies.

Hopefully they use the break in Star Wars films to come up with a plan for what's next that doesn't involve another Deathstar. I'm hopeful that they use Disney Plus to experiment with new stuff and to introduce new characters and lore to get people excited for Episode X. If that new certain character doesn't make it into the next trilogy, then they're all crazy people. Ahsoka and new guy really need to be in it.

People have been saying “comic book fatigue” for years, and it’s never happened. The MCU has been putting out 3 movies/year (except this year) for the last 3 years on top of Agents of Shield, Agent Carter, Cloak and Dagger and 7 other streaming shows. I’m sure they’ll be fine.

Comic Book movies are to where Westerns were in the 40s and early 50s. They are everywhere and sort of regardless of quality people go watch them. There were literally at one point maybe 50-70 westerns being released every year. I would agree at the moment there is little sign of burnout other than that ones that get a reputation for being terrible (Dark Phoenix). I believe there is now typically around 6-10 superhero releases a year with no sign of fatigue. 6 of the top 10 in 2018 were superhero movies - and that didn't include Spiderverse & Venom which were in the top 15.

This year hasn't seen as many superhero releases - I could only find SIX that really quality - but still now 4 for them landed in the top 6, Shazam came in 16th, and only Dark Phoenix flopped.

2020 sees: Birds of Prey, New Mutants, Black Widow, Wonder Woman '84, Venom 2, and Eternals - so only 6 next year also. Likely Birds of Prey, Black Widow and Wonder Woman will be big hits, and Venom will do decent. Eternals is quite questionable IMO even as a Marvel movie because I just don't get the selling point of it. I expect New Mutants to be a disaster because it's been delayed for like 2.5 years. I don't think 6 of these saturates the marketplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter