News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that Powell is being used as the "Fall Person" when the rumors indicate it was Chapek who cut back on the original plans for Galaxy's edge. You have to believe that the poor attendance in the Parks that were expected to explode will make Chapek's chances of taking over after Iger slim. If Disney+ has a successful start, the good bet will be that Mayer gets the nod. I love big corporate internal intrigue.

They learned nothing from Pandora. You've got one fantastic ride in FoP and a boring flop in NRJ from making it too short of an experience to cut costs. I've ridden FoP at least a dozen times and NRJ twice.

Last edited:
I will always be shocked at how wrong we all were about Galaxy's Edge making things insane.

We old. Disney made a land for males over 40-45 that doesn't interest the younger generations like they assumed it would.

Not ceding JK Rowling control over merchandising to get the Harry Potter deal done is looking like a bigger and bigger mistake. Those of you that deal with risk management know the number one risk mistake is choosing the wrong strategy. I can't help but wonder if paying the Lucas billions to Universal for complete control of Marvel wouldn't have been a better strategy.

I think the way you experienced it / view it is exactly how Disney wants families to view it ...

... But I think Disney underestimated the "originally trilogy only fans" that don't care about any of the new stuff ... They want to be "in the original trilogies" way more than wanting to be "in the broader Star Wars Universe"

Great point.

Not sure where to comment this but whats the chances the hours change for my 11/4-11/10 trip? Seeing 9-9 for most parks but when I look at todays date has a 8am opening at MK. Is it safe to say my days will be locked in for 9-9? Was hoping for a 8am start at MK!

Not sure where to comment this but whats the chances the hours change for my 11/4-11/10 trip? Seeing 9-9 for most parks but when I look at todays date has a 8am opening at MK. Is it safe to say my days will be locked in for 9-9? Was hoping for a 8am start at MK!
Depends on anticipated crowds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter