News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
One big variable is Fastpass, or lack there of for Smuggler's run
Rides with Fastpass you would be comparing their standby times to the "everybody" time for Smuggler's Run - but like @dlavender said, despite all these variables/reasons, lines still shorter than I would have expected
Yeah, the lack of FPP helped a lot. But 6 months ago, I thought you'd have to be in park by 6 am to even get a boarding group. And that the park would hit capacity.

ETA: The rest of the park was much less busy than Tuesday night. I've been to major ride openings at other parks and those days usually have crazy attendance every where, Although there are a lot differences in WDW and the ability to hop.

To those who have visited both SW:GE East/West; I've read the color pallet in DHS is warmer and provides a more welcoming experience. What say you?

To those who have visited both SW:GE East/West; I've read the color pallet in DHS is warmer and provides a more welcoming experience. What say you?
I haven't been to either yet, but several blogs have commented on it. Disney Tourist Blog, Laughing Place, All Ears, are just a few I've read. My understanding is because of the weather - the colors will fade a few years sooner in WDW, and because it rains more in WDW they wanted the colors to pop.

I haven't been to either yet, but several blogs have commented on it. Disney Tourist Blog, Laughing Place, All Ears, are just a few I've read. My understanding is because of the weather - the colors will fade a few years sooner in WDW, and because it rains more in WDW they wanted the colors to pop.
giphy.gif

Hadn't seen this posted yet but apparently they have changes how the alcoholic blue and green milk are done. During passholder previews it was premixed, but now it is mixed when ordered (liquor is poured in cup, then "milk" poured on top. This seems to change the consistency and flavor a bit (and also apparently appears to be stronger than before)

https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/alco...-green-milk-review-at-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Hadn't seen this posted yet but apparently they have changes how the alcoholic blue and green milk are done. During passholder previews it was premixed, but now it is mixed when ordered (liquor is poured in cup, then "milk" poured on top. This seems to change the consistency and flavor a bit (and also apparently appears to be stronger than before)

https://blogmickey.com/2019/08/alco...-green-milk-review-at-star-wars-galaxys-edge/

Interesting. Makes it seem more 'custom' and not 'assembly line pre-mixed' I suppose. I'm not sure if it's the color or what, but no matter how they serve it or describe it, these 2 drinks look so unappealing to me. The green one more than the blue one... that color is just nauseating to look at to me.

Interesting. Makes it seem more 'custom' and not 'assembly line pre-mixed' I suppose. I'm not sure if it's the color or what, but no matter how they serve it or describe it, these 2 drinks look so unappealing to me. The green one more than the blue one... that color is just nauseating to look at to me.

yeah, I am find with the blue, maybe just as it has been around so long in star Wars mythology that I am almost more used to the concept - also sort of looks like a blueberry yohurt smoothy or something, or at least something a bit natural ... but that green one looks almost antifreeze in color so I also am having more issues with that

as for the alcoholic option ... 90% of the time I always prefer drinks to not be premixed so I am happy to see this change

LOL - I LOVE the colors, esp the blue. (kinda of a fan of most things blue) Makes me think of milkshakes......

Doesn't seem like quite the spectacle as yesterday, but Falcon up to 105 mins at 6:30am
Ya .. the whole no FP+ thing was an amazing decision .. frankly they should do this for every new ride that opens up. It took me a while before I had a long enough trip to get a FP for SDMT or Flight of Passage and the Standby waits were too long for us to try.

The only way I have ever gotten a FP for SDD or FoP is by gaming the system a bit (I had my cousin (who was arriving a few days before us) book Fast Passes for me later in my trip.
I still struggle getting FPs for SDMT .. (couldn't find one (on the days I wanted to go to MK) for my 5 night trip in October.).

Seeing a 95 minute wait on the rides 2nd day is pretty amazing.
(though the naysayers will use it to say SWGE is a bust!)

Ya .. the whole no FP+ thing was an amazing decision .. frankly they should do this for every new ride that opens up. It took me a while before I had a long enough trip to get a FP for SDMT or Flight of Passage and the Standby waits were too long for us to try.

The only way I have ever gotten a FP for SDD or FoP is by gaming the system a bit (I had my cousin (who was arriving a few days before us) book Fast Passes for me later in my trip.
I still struggle getting FPs for SDMT .. (couldn't find one (on the days I wanted to go to MK) for my 5 night trip in October.).

I agree overall - I know there are some people out there that just refuse to wait longer than 20 mins for anything and if they can't get a FP then they don't ride and therefore will not ride this ever (until/if they add FP), but I think this is better for more people (especially with the single rider line option - so people that are willing to ride that way, I bet, int he long run will see waits <30 mins pretty consistently

I don't think it's a bust at all!

but ;), I will say the posts early on about the mayhem, pandemonium, park closures, mobs, Armageddon, worse than Harry Potter- happily did not come to fruition. :)

probably also a smart move to open during a slower time of year.

I don't think it's a bust at all!

but ;), I will say the posts early on about the mayhem, pandemonium, park closures, mobs, Armageddon, worse than Harry Potter- happily did not come to fruition. :)

probably also a smart move to open during a slower time of year.
And during a hurricane! Good planning Disney!

My point is there are a lot of naysayers out there that just HATE what Disney has "done" to Star Wars and instead of celebrating that we have a very immersive land and two more rides around it (rather than just Star Tours) they just continue to want to see Disney Star Wars "fail" because of the Last Jedi movie (which .. was a mess, but doesn't "ruin" Star Wars as a whole or enjoyment of SWGE- at least for me).

They are just crotchety men that just want to live in the past and don't like the sequel trilogy (so having a land BASED around it .. rather than say Endor or Tatooine) just bothers them too.

So they go out of their way to hate on Star Wars EVERY SINGLE DAY (I mean .. seriously ..you should check out some of these Star Wars hater channels on YouTube). So they will use "only X minute wait times" and pictures of the empty land at WDW (that probably will be taken before/after the hurricane) as more fodder that SWGE is a bust and that "Disney is destroying "my" Star Wars!"

And during a hurricane! Good planning Disney!

My point is there are a lot of naysayers out there that just HATE what Disney has "done" to Star Wars and instead of celebrating that we have a very immersive land and two more rides around it (rather than just Star Tours) they just continue to want to see Disney Star Wars "fail" because of the Last Jedi movie (which .. was a mess, but doesn't "ruin" Star Wars as a whole or enjoyment of SWGE- at least for me).

They are just crotchety men that just want to live in the past and don't like the sequel trilogy (so having a land BASED around it .. rather than say Endor or Tatooine) just bothers them too.

So they go out of their way to hate on Star Wars EVERY SINGLE DAY (I mean .. seriously ..you should check out some of these Star Wars hater channels on YouTube). So they will use "only X minute wait times" and pictures of the empty land at WDW (that probably will be taken before/after the hurricane) as more fodder that SWGE is a bust and that "Disney is destroying "my" Star Wars!"

Oh sure, I'm reading it right now on another site! Seems some want it to fail.

I agree overall - I know there are some people out there that just refuse to wait longer than 20 mins for anything and if they can't get a FP then they don't ride and therefore will not ride this ever (until/if they add FP), but I think this is better for more people (especially with the single rider line option - so people that are willing to ride that way, I bet, int he long run will see waits <30 mins pretty consistently

Can we finally use this as proof that FP+ is terrible?

Please.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter