News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOL - we were there too and my husband insists it was our best disney trip ever.

I was trying to talk DH into the same thing! We did Matthew and it was the best trip ever!

lol us too for it being the best trip! Granted we had only gone together once before in 2011 (I had been several times before that growing up) but still. Makes you spoiled for low wait times and non-crowded parks for sure!

My mom still gives us an earful about it "only you two would go down during a hurricane and go to a place where you're packing a suitcase with food" :laughing:

lol us too for it being the best trip! Granted we had only gone together once before in 2011 (I had been several times before that growing up) but still. Makes you spoiled for low wait times and non-crowded parks for sure!

My mom still gives us an earful about it "only you two would go down during a hurricane and go to a place where you're packing a suitcase with food" :laughing:

OMG - both my parents were having fits over us still going down - we actually had to fly in a day earlier (thank you southwest) and got in 2 hours before MCO was shutdown. yeah - you had to really twist my arm to add another day to our trip.

It will be interesting to see wait times for smuggler's run in the next few weeks.

See if there's a big drop off after opening day hype.

Really makes me just want to go back to Disneyland though. Batuu was pretty empty our first few days.
My guess is wait times will be low .. especially with a Hurricane barreling in. But also because the ride doesnt have a FP option. The naysayers will use low wait times and footage of Batuu being empty (during the hurricane) to continue to proclaim Star Wars is Dead .. but neglect to mention the reasons it isnt crowded.

It will be interesting to see wait times for smuggler's run in the next few weeks.

See if there's a big drop off between opening day hype.

Really makes me just want to go back to Disneyland though. Batuu was pretty empty our first few days.
I'm keeping a watchful eye for us

I want a 3-day ticket again even though Aaron isn't really interested in going for 3 days again. I like not feeling as pressured to get everything in in 2 days even though we've been recently enough to DLR there were some rides not open or the cool rainy weather last time didn't really have us wanting to ride (splash mountain for one).

As someone who showed up at 4:50 a.m. this morning to be one of the "crazy" opening day guests, I will say DHS has handled this opening very well. Cast Members are everywhere inside the land and outside the land answering questions. They were prepared with every single line from merchandise to the ride. The only small difference between here and Disneyland is...The masses showed up to Walt Disney World instead of Disneyland. I don't think we have seen SW:GE this crazy at Disneyland for any of the openings (Reservation period/No Reservation period/AP's being unblocked). I tip my cap to all of the Batuu Cast Members today! Excellent job!

This sign cracked me up. Even with the multiple bad reviews from DL these people are lining up 100s deep to get some SW blue/green milk

View attachment 430716
I don't know why a sign for "MILK" makes me giggle but it does. It's just so blunt and one of those things that I feel like no one else would understand "lemmie get this straight you stood in a long line that needed a sign just to tell you where the end was....for a milk concoction!?"

The average person might not realize it, but they are very similar to a standard military hand grenade. I suspect most people think the "pineapple" hand grenade is still what the military uses, but that's not the case.

I think this is far more about making sure TSA screeners don't get desensitized to seeing an image thus allowing someone to slip a real grenade thru.

Last edited:
This sign cracked me up. Even with the multiple bad reviews from DL these people are lining up 100s deep to get some SW blue/green milk

View attachment 430716

I had the blue milk from Oga's and thought it was disgusting. A buddy told me the milk was different at the stand. I asked the Cast Member working the "Milk - End of Line" sign and she said it was identical. It seemed like the milk from the stand was a little more slushy-like, whereas the milk in Oga's was very (too) creamy. But I wasn't going to waste $8 or whatever it was to test it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter