News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
That menu looks really good, and I love tapas as the WDW entrees are just far too much food. I wonder how long until it's dumbed down though? Sanaa seems to keep things on point, so I'll remain hopeful.
We haven't really gotten too much into the whole tapas thing but I think it's quite nice in the right environment.

We went to this one restaurant in southern maryland that was on the marina and with the ambience it was very nice. A rooftop restaurant seems like a nice ambience for one as well.

We haven't really gotten too much into the whole tapas thing but I think it's quite nice in the right environment.

We went to this one restaurant in southern maryland that was on the marina and with the ambience it was very nice. A rooftop restaurant seems like a nice ambience for one as well.

Rooftop and tapas seems perfect to me. It's my favorite way to eat (come to think of it, we had 2 really nice meals this weekend and ate this way even not a tapas place, just eating apps and ordering more if we were still hungry or loved a certain dish), and just graze for a couple of hours. Order more as you need. It's also freaking fantastic with small kids. I'm happy about this addition.

Last edited:
"Walt Disney himself was in Ocala 10 months after Six Gun opened. On the morning of Nov. 22, 1963, he was aboard an airplane that took off from Ocala, scoping sites for Project Future, an idea that would become Walt Disney World."

Interesting history about what went into Walt's decision to choose Orlando.

https://www.ocala.com/news/20101229/remembering-six-gun-territory

Oh how my life would have been different if Walt had chosen the St. Louis riverfront as home to Disney World! I believe problems with Anheuser Busch played into that decision to NOT build here. :(

Amazon, here I come!

I *wish* that came in a wallet. I'd be all over that one.

It would seem, since they are hiring already, that the restaurant would have an opening date in mind. It looks like it's coming along.

Yum! I've pretty much given up sugar but those desserts look very very enticing!

I wonder how much concrete is on Disney property, if anyone wants to do the math and get me the answer that would be great.
I've got the monorail beam at about a cubic yard (3800 lbs) every 2 feet, at the thinnest area. (center between uprights) So maybe a little more. 77,616 linear feet, so 38,808 cubic yards, 147,470,400 lbs......in just the beams....

Saw this rendering of Riviera on the DVC Instagram account that's a little more detailed, and with some info about the pool. I know there has been a lot of talk about the pool too, so figured I would share.

Screenshot_20190123-204706_Instagram.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter