News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this. My least favorite unfortunately is the Whimsical Garden... maybe it looks better at night. With that name I was hoping for more like... um, a whimsical garden...

yeah, I thought that area was kinda "meh" .... I thought the main bar area looks the best and also like the look of the seating areas in the Formal Library area

I don't understand the discounts. I tried to get them for our December stay (6th to 18th was checked) using an AP, Florida resident (my father) and Disney VISA, or just regular holiday promo and there was NO availability. At any of the deluxe hotels. It says they're there, but they aren't. So I've been less than impressed with "promotions" they've offered this fall. Everyone says it's so slow, but the resorts must be booked.

I don't understand the discounts. I tried to get them for our December stay (6th to 18th was checked) using an AP, Florida resident (my father) and Disney VISA, or just regular holiday promo and there was NO availability. At any of the deluxe hotels. It says they're there, but they aren't. So I've been less than impressed with "promotions" they've offered this fall. Everyone says it's so slow, but the resorts must be booked.

my TA said there are techinical issues and she thinks that might be impacting what availability is showing. She said to give her another day to check in on things/see if it changes. So you might want to wait and try again

I'm not seeing any discounts for my trip next year, and in addition to that, Oga's spots for my trip to CA in two weeks aren't showing either (can find plenty of spots for prior days so I'm guessing this isn't because the spots are taken).

I'm not seeing any discounts for my trip next year, and in addition to that, Oga's spots for my trip to CA in two weeks aren't showing either (can find plenty of spots for prior days so I'm guessing this isn't because the spots are taken).
Oga's should still be 14days out for DL as far as I know and the system could be counting it at 15days at this point. Definitely try tomorrow to see if the times are uploaded, if not maybe the process has changed.

That discount has been out for quite a while, and I know pickings are slim at the deluxe hotels in December. It took me a few weeks of refreshing and frequent checking to snag an AP discounted WL room for Dec 12-15. I’m pretty sure you’re not finding anything for that stretch because some nights are gone, possibly even sold out with or without the discount. Try booking some shorter stretches maybe to do a split stay?

Just compared the prices to the menu (I took from last night Mizner’s was open) and the prices have gone up across-the-board, bummed but not shocked. Also the Grand Cocktail is gone :/

Will be staying at the GF in 2 weeks. Will be my 3rd trip to the GF, so will see how the changes are. Still was from the loss of Mizner’s but we will see, warming up to the new design even if the theme is wrong for the hotel. Hope the same cast is behind the bar/serving cocktails as they made Mizner’.

News

Cedar Fair has turned down Six Flags’ $4 Billion offer for a cash and stock buyout.
Apparently the offer also included Cedar Fair management retaining and taking control of certain Six Flags management positions.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/35040...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

News

A little more to this now. Cedar Fair has apparently turned down $5 Billion from Merlin Entertainment (the second largest theme park company, only behind Disney). They had attempted to purchase SeaWorld 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter