News Round Up 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
My whole point is that Disney has a larger stake then most in the viability of the Bahamas, the donation is about the same they did for Harvey, a place where Disney has limited financial interest nor any new upcoming multi million dollar projects. Disney after all Donated 5 million to the restoration of Notre Dam a place where they have zero financial incentive. I am not questioning that Disney does alot of Donating, I am pointing out the fact that 1 million makes little difference in a place that Disney is using to make profit. Call me cynical if you want but from a business standpoint donating more money now might make larger financial sense then spending more in the future if things in the Bahammas dont recover fast enough for the Lighthouse Point project that is going to require alot of already agreed to Bahammian Labor for building and staffing.

My whole point is that Disney has a larger stake then most in the viability of the Bahamas, the donation is about the same they did for Harvey, a place where Disney has limited financial interest nor any new upcoming multi million dollar projects. Disney after all Donated 5 million to the restoration of Notre Dam a place where they have zero financial incentive. I am not questioning that Disney does alot of Donating, I am pointing out the fact that 1 million makes little difference in a place that Disney is using to make profit. Call me cynical if you want but from a business standpoint donating more money now might make larger financial sense then spending more in the future if things in the Bahammas dont recover fast enough for the Lighthouse Point project that is going to require alot of already agreed to Bahammian Labor for building and staffing.

it's definitely hard to look at any sum of money in a vacuum and say "that isn't enough" - but I definitely get your point that that in comparison to Harvey or Notre Dame there are certainly reasons for making a larger donation in this location vs the same or less

They use the Port of Galveston quite a bit and with the new ships being added you may see year round use of Galveston by the older ships in the fleet.

Disneyland Paris and the movie Hunchback of Notre Dame does give an a financial incentive to donate to the cathedral's restoration.

it's definitely hard to look at any sum of money in a vacuum and say "that isn't enough" - but I definitely get your point that that in comparison to Harvey or Notre Dame there are certainly reasons for making a larger donation in this location vs the same or less
Based on $59.43B revenue in 2018, Disney makes $1M every 8.8 minutes. If a person making $100K per year gave the same percentage of their personal income, it would be $1.67. If that person wanted to give 1 percent or $1K to charity, at $1.67 a pop he could give to almost 600 different charities. I’m sure Disney gives lots of money and does lots of wonderful things for many different charities, but they could probably stand to give more to a place where they are directly invested.

Another new ticket type - this one is for FL residents:

https://www.wdwinfo.com/news-storie...da-resident-seasonal-flex-theme-park-tickets/
ETA: Blackout is only around Thanksgiving and Christmas. These are set to be valid when ROTR is scheduled to open.

Interesting that it just says "can be used on non-consecutive days" - not that they have to be used within 7 days of first use or whatever. So you could really spread those days out if you are a local that doesn't have an AP

They use the Port of Galveston quite a bit and with the new ships being added you may see year round use of Galveston by the older ships in the fleet.

Disneyland Paris and the movie Hunchback of Notre Dame does give an a financial incentive to donate to the cathedral's restoration.

I would disagree about DLP have anything to do with Notre Dame, Its not like the only reason people go to Paris was to see the Cathedral, and I suspect tourism to Paris hasnt taken a major hit since the Notre Dame fire, sure alot of people visit Notre Dame but it isnt the sole draw for people to go to Paris. So I find it hard to draw them same conclusion. Its not like you buy a package to DLP that also includes Notre Dame, where as cruise packages do include a stop in the Bahammas, there is the financial incentive. As for Galvaston sure they sometimes sail out of the port, but it isnt the major part of the Cruise Bussiness for them also it isnt a place where Disney is starting any new projects that require a major investment of time and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter