• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly no. The only different would be one side saying he should be fired and another saying he shouldn't which we still have that today anyways.

exactly - and maybe (probably) Disney wanted to avoid that and all the negativity thrown their direction for not having done it yet

... but at least in the case it also would have given a bit more time for the message to get out there about how he had already apologized had been making active efforts to change who he is and what he thinks is ok to say (even if meant for "shock value") .... now, maybe in the end they fire him anyway but it would have felt a bit more like they did so with a bit more clarity and both sides having shared their cases a bit more

I think the DIS posted an article last week saying they found something that suggested work to be done in the lagoon, but nothing as specific as this. I think WDWNT is playing it safe with the new show before 2021 though. As other people have said, this show can debut as early as this year and next year. There's another reason why I think that this might be true, but I really can't say it because I don't have it confirmed (and probably couldn't say it anyways due to the person giving me the info is a CM). I'll just say that Illuminations can really be going sooner rather than later.

So, in my loudest Luke Skywalker impression... "NO!!!!!!"
That's what I thought. My personal opinion, though, is that I CANNOT WAIT for something new! Have never been a fan of Illuminations. :duck:

That's what I thought. My personal opinion, though, is that I CANNOT WAIT for something new! Have never been a fan of Illuminations. :duck:
I agree that the show is old and is probably in need of an upgrade. A major criteria I have for any Disney nighttime show is the soundtrack. Illuminations is probably the #1 Disney nighttime show soundtrack I listen to. I love the music so much, as well as, the “We Go On” finale. If there is a way they can still incorporate the “We Go On” song, I will be happy with whatever Disney comes up with.

This HAS to be opening by 2020, right? No way this waits until 2021. Same with Ratatouille - clearly Disney wants something to crow about in 2020 before the 50th.

News

Letter from fans and cast regarding the James Gunn situation...

https://twitter.com/prattprattpratt/status/1023971830598692864?s=21

I don't think this will change Disney's mind, but I do think they made a mistake here. There's a difference between DOING awful things and saying awful things - especially in jest - and again they are things he said in the past and had apologized for years ago before he even GOT the GOTG gig. I know my friends and I made some pretty tasteless jokes back in college - and while I wouldn't say such things now being much more in tuned with the world Disney was too quick on the gun (pun intended). I think the only way he comes back is if the cast goes behind the scenes to Disney and says they refuse to do the 3rd movie without him (likely this never comes out in public). Disney can force their hands in that they probably already have contracts in place - but it could end up a ugly situation if the cast really forces the issue. Honestly a GOTG movie without James Gunn makes me a lot less interested. It's like if Disney said they were going to make Incredibles 3 without Brad Bird.

And actually, though I don't like Roseanne, but I even think they were too quick with her - though I also wonder if they was looking for an excuse - her behavior back in the 90s was horrible by all accounts, but apparently her behind the scenes behavior again was pretty bad and several producers and writers on the show had already quietly quit because of it - so I kind of wonder if with Roseanne it was more of an excuse to get rid of her than that the one incident was so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter