News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
A limit of 1 is all they need. If the purpose is to let more enjoy something don't let anybody buy multiple. And it's not like limiting the number someone can buy is going to keep the limited edition stuff from selling out. If they choose to sell that 1, then that's their choice. They could easily tie the purchase to a park ticket/ Magicband to enforce it.

A limit of one per person will invariably lead to Cast Members having to tell guests variations of this every day: "I understand that you have four grandchildren. Unfortunately, I'm only allowed to sell you one of each item."

Is this new housing so they can hire even more collage program staff or give them better accommodation than the current slums they have to endure?

It may depend upon the value of the land where the other four complexes sit. If Disney can sell those locations for a profit, it makes a lot of sense to consolidate all the Cast Members into one mega-complex. Plus, having one location makes busing Cast Member to/from work each day a lot easier.

But, rteetz might be correct in stating that may simply be enlarging the College Program (and possibly International program, too).

A limit of one per person will invariably lead to Cast Members having to tell guests variations of this every day: "I understand that you have four grandchildren. Unfortunately, I'm only allowed to sell you one of each item."
They'll get that argument whatever a limit would be set to. If they want to stop the resellers, the only way to do it effectively is to limit the amounts able to be purchased to below the point where an easy profit is made, and by limiting they'll also cause some legitimate buyers some problems. All this current change will do ultimately is make resellers change how they sell the items. They'll just keep their own names away from it and get around this policy completely. Whether they really want to do something is up to them.

A Chronicles of Prydain live action series is in the works for Disney+.

Now that would be interesting to see. Black Cauldron has a lot of potential for a series. And with HBO launching multiple Game of Thrones spinoffs, Amazon launching Lord of the Rings, and Netflix launching The Witcher, a high fantasy competitor on Disney+ could be a big draw. I know that Disney obtained the rights back for a Black Cauldron remake 2 years ago, but as far as I know, there's been no word of progress.

OOoooh Chronicles of Prydain. Kind of shocked it took this long considering what a popular commodity books are to turn into movies/tv.

I loved those books. I hope it's good.
I imagine that it's been held back by the reputation of almost killing Disney animation.

I imagine that it's been held back by the reputation of almost killing Disney animation.

Eh I just meant making a TV series/movie out of it. I'm referring to the books, not the Black Cauldron cartoon.

I believe the books are pretty popular, so I just wondered if it would get a shot since networks and movie distributors seem to be going crazy lately for book adaptations.

Eh I just meant making a TV series/movie out of it. I'm referring to the books, not the Black Cauldron cartoon.

I believe the books are pretty popular, so I just wondered if it would get a shot since networks and movie distributors seem to be going crazy lately for book adaptations.

I just meant that Studios have probably been reluctant to try again on a property that did famously poor, regardless of the source's quality. And with lots of other options available, I'm not surprised nobody has jumped on it. But I am hoping that Disney is indeed working on this, and I think a live action series is the best option to go with.

I just meant that Studios have probably been reluctant to try again on a property that did famously poor, regardless of the source's quality. And with lots of other options available, I'm not surprised nobody has jumped on it. But I am hoping that Disney is indeed working on this, and I think a live action series is the best option to go with.

Yeah I see what you're saying.

It's been a while though, so I'm glad it's getting another chance.

I bet Hen Wen will be adorable. I think Gurgi will be hard to do in live action without making him terrifying or creepy.

That's sad. Don't get me wrong th collage and international programs are great and when I did my international program, it's been life changing for me but they can't be relying on these temp workers

Where are they supposed to get workers from? The working class in Orlando and surrounding areas cannot meet the needs for Disney when they refuse to pay more than minimum wage.

You can’t live alone on a Disney wage for the jobs that Disney needs filled. You need 2-3 roommates to make it work, even in the cheapest apartment areas.

You certainly can’t own a home or raise a family as the primary wage-earner on an hourly job at Disney.

Where do you expect them to turn? They haven’t raised wages to get people to work for them and have proven they won’t until now the market is nil. So, temp employees it is.

Anyone who spends a remote amount of time in Orlando and away from the parks would easily understand this.

Where are they supposed to get workers from? The working class in Orlando and surrounding areas cannot meet the needs for Disney when they refuse to pay more than minimum wage.

You can’t live alone on a Disney wage for the jobs that Disney needs filled. You need 2-3 roommates to make it work, even in the cheapest apartment areas.

You certainly can’t own a home or raise a family as the primary wage-earner on an hourly job at Disney.

Where do you expect them to turn? They haven’t raised wages to get people to work for them and have proven they won’t until now the market is nil. So, temp employees it is.

Anyone who spends a remote amount of time in Orlando and away from the parks would easily understand this.

Well, the obvious answer is to raise rages so that people would be willing to move to the area if they thought they could support a family

I do like they have announced the program for helping support CMs get higher education - more things like that to make it more of a life long career

Well, the obvious answer is to raise rages so that people would be willing to move to the area if they thought they could support a family

I do like they have announced the program for helping support CMs get higher education - more things like that to make it more of a life long career

I did single out Disney because it was the program that was mentioned, but it’s the same for all theme parks and resorts and even major hotel.

I grew up here in Orlando, and I still spend months at a time here every year and it really bugs me when people complain about workforce or CP or things like that.

Orlando is sprawled, but total residency isn’t that big. When people complain about workers and where they come from ... where do you EXPECT them to come from? The city and surrounding areas also need people to work at non-tourist locations - and the higher-quality people now prefer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest