News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My kids love World Showcase (ages 8, 6, and 3) - enjoy the rides and the activities and exploring the pavilions - they are always chatting up the CMs from the different countries too

:confused3:mickeyjum (the Mickey is from my 8 year old who saw me typing this, read it and said "I *love* World Showcase!")

What can I say? Those poster's kids must be weird. ;)

I'm not saying I want the dance party, just musing as to why this weird move.

Who wants to dance with Ben Franklin kids? ;)

Nothing would make a dance party make sense. And while I can't stand dance parties, I do think the music from Guardians screams America. :) And if this isn't aimed at little kids...who the heck do they think is going to dance?
My point was guardians is not a little kids movie.

I like the Guardians dance bit at DCA (and full-transparency ... I LOVE Mission: Breakout), and it doesn't take up a whole lot of space.

Does it belong in the America Pavilion? #NOPE. But that Pavilion really suffers with foot traffic compared to all the rest, especially when things like CP, Eat to the Beat and Garden Rocks! performances aren't happening. We were there on NYE and Liberty Inn (gross) was empty, you could get a beer at the two stands with a minimal wait and there wasn't much of a wait for the large bathrooms. There's no way that anything in the American Pavilion, except MAYBE the funnel cake stand, is meeting levels of sales required to cover food cost, staffing, etc., of the food and beverage offerings of that Pavilion unless something major is going on.

I think it CAN be presented where it fits thematically - like if the "aliens" in the band are more like cover artists/impersonators of the famous performers of the songs, it could be really entertaining. IDK how much of a "dance party" it will be since there are rows upon rows of permanent benches, but anyway ... I'm not going to wring my hands over it until I get a chance to see it. I'm always down for new things and new ways to be entertained.

Off topic - how did I miss this? Did you all know about this movie?

I can't wait!!! I love the Nutcracker, although this will be different. Looks fantastic. This made my night. :)

Yeah the trailer came out in December I believe. Very intriguing.

Well, if you read posts on the theme parks board, a lot of parents complain that their children (or the whole family) find Epcot a waste of time and boring, especially the World Showcase. Perhaps trying to appeal to the children? Go dance while mom has some wine? :)
As a parent I can attest that there is no relaxing during the dumb dance parties. Sure my daughter loves them but they are a PITB because *poof* your child is lost in the crowd. I’m going to need something a lot harder than wine if I have to endure another dance party at WDW.

My kids love World Showcase (ages 8, 6, and 3) - enjoy the rides and the activities and exploring the pavilions - they are always chatting up the CMs from the different countries too

:confused3:mickeyjum (the Mickey is from my 8 year old who saw me typing this, read it and said "I *love* World Showcase!")

My dd loves World Showcase too. She has liked it since our first trip when she was 5. (Animal Kingdom is my favorite park but I really like asking the CM's from the different countries to write my name in all the different languages.) <---- This was her reply when I asked her if she likes World Showcase

Guardians thematically doesn’t work in world showcase. Sure they have bands there but at this point does Disney even care about theme anymore? Festival bands are one thing but a guardians dance party? I’m sure there is some story for it like Peter Quill loved the American Advebture pavilion or something but this is getting old.

Can we also talk about the hidden news of the name of the new bird show at AK? That name is bad....
Uh oh... has the DIS Negativity Bug finally bitten you? Not YOU?! :sad1:

;) :D

Guardians thematically doesn’t work in world showcase. Sure they have bands there but at this point does Disney even care about theme anymore? Festival bands are one thing but a guardians dance party? I’m sure there is some story for it like Peter Quill loved the American Advebture pavilion or something but this is getting old.

Can we also talk about the hidden news of the name of the new bird show at AK? That name is bad....

Wow I just assumed guardians were going to have a temporary stage beteeen mission space and Ellen. Putting them in world showcase is awful.

I just appreciate the details and the overwhelming themes of Disney parks. Guardians in Epcot goes against all of that.
I get ya'. It's not great. But it's temporarily replacing something that is NOT good as it is. I guess I have limits as to how much this can bug me.

I get ya'. It's not great. But it's temporarily replacing something that is NOT good as it is. I guess I have limits as to how much this can bug me.

I get that what is there now is not great - though wish we could just improve what is there with something better, but thematically fitting and then do the Guardian's thing at a temporary stage by Mission Space our out front of Universe of Energy. I actually think the show they do at DCA looks cute so not upset they are doing the show in general, but agree with @rteetz that it doesn't belong in World Showcase

... or they can just keep going with things like this and the next pavilion can be for Naboo or Couresant or something (ideally, not Alderan)

I get that what is there now is not great - though wish we could just improve what is there with something better, but thematically fitting and then do the Guardian's thing at a temporary stage by Mission Space our out front of Universe of Energy. I actually think the show they do at DCA looks cute so not upset they are doing the show in general, but agree with @rteetz that it doesn't belong in World Showcase

... or they can just keep going with things like this and the next pavilion can be for Naboo or Couresant or something (ideally, not Alderan)
Yep, I don’t think I would hate it as much if it was in future world.

Yep, I don’t think I would hate it as much if it was in future world.
I guess I don't have any feelings one way or the other about the Dance Party thing...agree it really doesn't belong in the World Showcase though. After reading the blog entry though, I don't see where it said anything about location...maybe I missed it?

ETA: Again, sorry if I'm dense on this and haven't kept up on all the posts....

I guess I don't have any feelings one way or the other about the Dance Party thing...agree it really doesn't belong in the World Showcase though. After reading the blog entry though, I don't see where it said anything about location...maybe I missed it?
I believe it was in a separate media release. Several of the Disney news sites have said its in World Showcase.

Edit:

http://wdwnews.com/releases/hold-on-tight-for-an-incredible-summer-at-walt-disney-world-in-2018/

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter