News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So has anyone heard anything new about the Festival of the Lion King Signature Dining Package that started this week? I haven't seen a review of it yet, so I'm wondering if the package includes the full menu or not. I'm also curious as to if the tier-2 package will allow you to use two dining credits. One of the answers on the blog post said yes, but you never know.

I'd do tier 2 if it included the regular menu and if I could use my dining credits.

So has anyone heard anything new about the Festival of the Lion King Signature Dining Package that started this week? I haven't seen a review of it yet, so I'm wondering if the package includes the full menu or not. I'm also curious as to if the tier-2 package will allow you to use two dining credits. One of the answers on the blog post said yes, but you never know.

I'd do tier 2 if it included the regular menu and if I could use my dining credits.
There is a thread on TPAS with a couple reviews. As far as I know it does include the full menu. I don't believe you would be able to use dining credits since this is a dining package and not just a meal. I could be wrong there though. The reviews I have seen were tier 1.

Oh, I understand the costs involved, however in the business I work in a lot of the time we have to do things that aren't cost effective just for safety sake (insurance). I guess I can see the riverboat not being changed although replacing track with divers certainly can't be too easy or cheap. The ferry boats holding hundreds of passengers at a time are a little different though, IMO.

That's a fair point. Though it's pretty rare American ferry boats run into trouble. The Staten Island Ferry crash is the last big one I can remember and that was on the captain. So you have a point there. Like I said, if they are ordering new equipment, probably you go with the extra safety stuff. But I just don't think the insurance breaks would cover the revamp costs of the existing equipment.

There is a thread on TPAS with a couple reviews. As far as I know it does include the full menu. I don't believe you would be able to use dining credits since this is a dining package and not just a meal. I could be wrong there though. The reviews I have seen were tier 1.

Thanks, I found it. It's the full menu and now I want to do Tier 1.

I noticed on the DLP site that Phantom Manor is now listed on the refurbishment calendar as closed through early 2019. Previously it was set to reopen at the end of this coming October. I was wishfully thinking it might soft-open while I was there mid September, but it looks like they have more work to do than anticipated.

I noticed on the DLP site that Phantom Manor is now listed on the refurbishment calendar as closed through early 2019. Previously it was set to reopen at the end of this coming October. I was wishfully thinking it might soft-open while I was there mid September, but it looks like they have more work to do than anticipated.
DLP announced at their FanDaze event the refurb was being extended until early 2019 for various reasons.

They will never put the Ferrys on a GPS auto Pilot as there is to much water traffic and to many boat Lanes intercept near MK as well as boat rentals and firework and other various specialty cruises. I suppose they could do so with the Friendship boats between Epcot and Studios but even then the loops isnt that long and the cost really isnt worth it. Not to mention when you get close to loading and unloading at the Swalphin the backing up and turning of boats while another boat comes in has some narrow margins that I doubt GPS could handle as well as a human pilot.

They will never put the Ferrys on a GPS auto Pilot as there is to much water traffic and to many boat Lanes intercept near MK as well as boat rentals and firework and other various specialty cruises. I suppose they could do so with the Friendship boats between Epcot and Studios but even then the loops isnt that long and the cost really isnt worth it. Not to mention when you get close to loading and unloading at the Swalphin the backing up and turning of boats while another boat comes in has some narrow margins that I doubt GPS could handle as well as a human pilot.
Oh it would never be a fully automated system. But there are some good hybrid systems that work within parameters. I hadn't thought of the rental boat issue but you are right, that is a complication. I don't really see it happening. I doubt those ferries are scheduled for replacement very often. Those have lifespans measured in decades.

I don't understand the part about Disney been allocated timeshare slots. Who/what does this allocation?

So I just want to say this is what I have read elsewhere on the boards - I state that to let you know I am no expert.

Disney was allocated something like 140 timeshare units that they were allowed to sell. The current resort has 23 2-bedrooms, 23 lock-offs which count as 46 units (23 studios and 23 1-bedrooms) and 2 GV, so a total of 71 units. So in theory they could build another resort with around 70 units and not exceed the quantity that was originally allocated. For some reason though everything I've read says they won't try to add those units with this resort - though I am not sure why that is.

I don't think it's JUST Reedy Creek that allows them to have timeshares in Florida. It's state and county regulations and Florida is FULL of timeshares. If you look for timeshare availability in Los Angeles area there is almost none - not just in Orange County (Anaheim). There's more down near San Diego - so they must have less restrictive laws.

For some reason though everything I've read says they won't try to add those units with this resort - though I am not sure why that is.

Might the reason being it is a "luxury resort". My thinking when I saw that was value<mod<deluxe<Luxury. So, the price target for these rooms would already be $$$$$$$ and if you think you can get that amount from a regular room, why put anything else there?

Might the reason being it is a "luxury resort". My thinking when I saw that was value<mod<deluxe<Luxury. So, the price target for these rooms would already be $$$$$$$ and if you think you can get that amount from a regular room, why put anything else there?

"Luxury" was the term used as part of the tax incentive, to qualify the hotel had be at least AAA 4-diamond ranking. Every Deluxe on WDW property is considered a 4-diamond hotel, even those with closet-sized bathrooms (looking at you, Yacht Club).

"Luxury" was the term used as part of the tax incentive, to qualify the hotel had be at least AAA 4-diamond ranking. Every Deluxe on WDW property is considered a 4-diamond hotel, even those with closet-sized bathrooms (looking at you, Yacht Club).
your avatar combined with your quote in parenthesis is actually quite nice....Good job! pirate:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter