News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The location of the stockpile, and to a certain extent the need for it is interesting for me. Could mean a million things. It could mean they excavate the river country site and store the material at this new permitted spot...or it could mean they need to store fill that will be used to create the property at River country.

Either way it means they have a large amount of earth to move. Wonder if the conveyor for star wars might get a new home?

Hmm maybe this is a positive sign for Seaworld, that time eventually rides out over bad Publicity. Blackfish did a number on them but they have been very aggressive in promotions and image management since then, seems like it might finally be starting to work out. Although a 21mill loss in the first quarter is never a good thing, even if they are used to it because less than half of there locations are open.
I went this weekend. I LOVE their roller coasters. Mako is especially awesome. They are opening another water thrill ride this summer, and they also have plans to open a Sesame Street area (construction has started, but I don't know when it is opening). I know "image management" is a big part of it, but they really do a lot of amazing things outside the parks. I know several people directly involved with those efforts.

I went this weekend. I LOVE their roller coasters. Mako is especially awesome. They are opening another water thrill ride this summer, and they also have plans to open a Sesame Street area (construction has started, but I don't know when it is opening). I know "image management" is a big part of it, but they really do a lot of amazing things outside the parks. I know several people directly involved with those efforts.
Opens in 2019.

yeah, I never understood why they never seemed to promote any of the positive things they did outside the parks. I see stories from other news sources about them saving sea turtles or returning manatees to the wild, etc. but they never seem to promote it themselves

yeah, I never understood why they never seemed to promote any of the positive things they did outside the parks. I see stories from other news sources about them saving sea turtles or returning manatees to the wild, etc. but they never seem to promote it themselves
I'm not exactly sure what more they can do without the media, and it seems to me the media would rather cover a handful of protestors in front of the SeaWorld parking lot than any animal rescue. (I only see these efforts through children's nature shows my daughter watches.) Blackfish struck a cord among the Facebook activist contingent, and people seem to be clinging to it more than other "causes." I have a close friend at work who I would not even think of telling I took the kids to SeaWorld, because I'm pretty sure she would then think I was evil! Plus PETA is pretty savvy with the media, and they seem very determined to shut SeaWorld down.

I'm not exactly sure what more they can do without the media, and it seems to me the media would rather cover a handful of protestors in front of the SeaWorld parking lot than any animal rescue. (I only see these efforts through children's nature shows my daughter watches.) Blackfish struck a cord among the Facebook activist contingent, and people seem to be clinging to it more than other "causes." I have a close friend at work who I would not even think of telling I took the kids to SeaWorld, because I'm pretty sure she would then think I was evil! Plus PETA is pretty savvy with the media, and they seem very determined to shut SeaWorld down.

I don't know the answer, but I figure that is why you hire a PR firm ... but perhaps they did and they said the best thing to do is nothing and laylow ... just feels like one of those things where only one side of the story is being told and if you don't fight back, then you must not disagree with what they are saying

I think this bothers me way more than it should but I guess I'll have to wait and see. Hopefully it's easy to tune out and not notice.

It seems pretty non-intrussive - just two screens and didn't sound like they had any audio and were just showing some quick animation in a style fitting the ride

Why are they adding these? Is it a liability thing? Is it a CM reduction (if the video tells you then we don't have to have the CMs around to do it)? I don't know why but the 7dmt one really bothers me even though I don't really pay attention to it. I'd rather see the interactive posters that creepily list my name on something rather than having to watch a preshow video of how to use safety restraints. I feel like it ruins the theming.

It seems pretty non-intrussive - just two screens and didn't sound like they had any audio and were just showing some quick animation in a style fitting the ride
It may not be intrusive but it does take away from the theming IMO.

Why are they adding these? Is it a liability thing? Is it a CM reduction (if the video tells you then we don't have to have the CMs around to do it)? I don't know why but the 7dmt one really bothers me even though I don't really pay attention to it. I'd rather see the interactive posters that creepily list my name on something rather than having to watch a preshow video of how to use safety restraints. I feel like it ruins the theming.
Probably a mix of everything.

I highly recommend following Sea World on social media. They do a great job highlighting their rescue and conservation efforts! They share adorable baby photos and videos like the baby walrus' at feeding time and the baby manatees they recently saved. Sea World also shares Keeper videos like the otters playing, working with the Belugas to train them for veterinarian exams, and releasing rehabbed animals back to their natural habitat. I am very pleased for them to see good news this quarter. I hope it continues.

The link suggests it's to help speed up the loading process. Every time someone hops in and has to take a few extra minutes to figure out the bar and where to store their stuff adds up over a long day. It's worth the investment in a few monitors to see if you can speed that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter