News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic:OFF TOPIC: Is there such a thing as the Travel Agent Park Hours Calendar anymore - the old links I have to it all error out now. Trying to figure out the November trip, and looking at last year's hours on WDWDis, it shows an early (4:30) close for MK one day....probably private party or CM Christmas Party? But wondering how far in advance they schedule that kind of thing so we can start planning our parks... Of course te MVMCP will be on the same days as always, but this seems to indicate PRIVATE - NO DISNEY GUESTS ALLOWED that night ..

:offtopic:OFF TOPIC: Is there such a thing as the Travel Agent Park Hours Calendar anymore - the old links I have to it all error out now. Trying to figure out the November trip, and looking at last year's hours on WDWDis, it shows an early (4:30) close for MK one day....probably private party or CM Christmas Party? But wondering how far in advance they schedule that kind of thing so we can start planning our parks... Of course te MVMCP will be on the same days as always, but this seems to indicate PRIVATE - NO DISNEY GUESTS ALLOWED that night ..

That's the CM Service Celebration, so correct: private - no disney guests allowed that night

But what I really wanted to comment on was the response to the trailers that I saw. The theater I was in had a bunch of teens (14-17 age) and they went completely NUTS for the Incredibles 2 trailer. This huge buzz went through the theater, and it makes me think that if I2 can capture that age group - the movie is going to open HUGE. (Animated movies don't normally do that great with older teens.) I know it's only one theater - but I suspect this movie will do bigger than anyone thinks - could see Pixar's top domestic grosser which would take $450 million.

Just wanted to make your "n of 1" into an "n of 2" - my theater (also filled with a lot of teens) had the same reaction to the I2 trailer. I think it's going to be huge because little kids are going to want to go, but then also the older kids/teens who saw the original when they were kids. It makes me wonder if Disney didn't wait this long for a sequel for that reason! Also, definitely themes for adults - I cracked up at the part in the trailer where Mr. Incredible is fed up with the math homework.

The other thing to mention is that after the I2 trailer came up, they showed the Solo trailer. While not as huge as for I2, there was quite a bit of buzz in the theater about it. However, unlike I2 I couldn't tell if it was excitement or just kind of "Oh, another Star Wars movie" but it FELT like a good buzz.

For the Solo trailer, what I noticed was a lot of chatter that people didn't seem to realize another Star Wars movie was coming out and then a general excitement about it. I agree it felt like a surprised then "good" buzz.

Thanks...that what I kind of figured.... leave it to me to pick that week! HA HA HA
Sorry - one more question and then I'll let this off-topic die.... Liz, is the date for the CM night 11/29 or 11/30 - on the MVMCP it shows availability for 11/29 (Thursday) which is apparently what day it was on last year....

Sorry - one more question and then I'll let this off-topic die.... Liz, is the date for the CM night 11/29 or 11/30 - on the MVMCP it shows availability for 11/29 (Thursday) which is apparently what day it was on last year....

Neither - Its November 5th
The 29th and 30th are both MVMCP dates

I’m always happy when Disney does well, but as someone who is NOT a fan of the Marvel stuff, I just hope this doesn’t mean the parks are eventually covered in that theme.

Yeah I agree with this, but think it's inevitable. At some point Disney and Universal will come to some sort of agreement. Just doesn't seem to be an priority for Disney yet. Once it happens or if they just decide to use non Universal right heroes. I hope they keep it concentrated in one park.

Future world as Marvel park makes sense, you could kind of tie in education with certain Hero's, Stark with tech, Ant-Man could be nature or body ala Honey I Shrunk the kids and so on. To counter all the testosterone the countrys could tie into more of the fairytale and classic characters. It's a bummer that France went with Ratatouille instead of Beauty and the Beast. Would love it if Pixar just stayed in Hollywood Studios.

Yeah I agree with this, but think it's inevitable. At some point Disney and Universal will come to some sort of agreement. Just doesn't seem to be an priority for Disney yet. Once it happens or if they just decide to use non Universal right heroes. I hope they keep it concentrated in one park.

Future world as Marvel park makes sense, you could kind of tie in education with certain Hero's, Stark with tech, Ant-Man could be nature or body ala Honey I Shrunk the kids and so on. To counter all the testosterone the countrys could tie into more of the fairytale and classic characters. It's a bummer that France went with Ratatouille instead of Beauty and the Beast. Would love it if Pixar just stayed in Hollywood Studios.

You’re pretty much describing my dreams.

Yes. So far.

I don't know. I think someone at Universal is saying "Disney gets Marvel at WDW over my dead body", and I think they mean it. Universal won't sell the rights back for any sane amount of money. They don't need the money. Unless Disney can figure out a way to make their lives miserable, I don't see Universal selling any time soon.

This sounds very cool...I'd ride on Hagrid's motorbike...and interesting in the fact that MK is getting Tron lightcycles...I wonder if that played a role in USO's ride vehicle decision...

I think the bigger influence was the ride height that the article talked about. How the sidecar lowers the height requirement significantly.

I think that is really genius, if that's what the ride vehicles are like. Hagrid's motorbike is pretty iconic, and placing it right next to his hut and the hippogriff ride world.

I'm even more excited for this ride now, I hope this article got it right.

Except I'm sure I'll be arguing with my boyfriend about who has to sit in the side car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New DISboards Posts

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest