News Round Up 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
News

Disneyland has been testing the new Together Forever Pixar Fireworks Spectacular the last few nights. Cars, Toy Story, Coco, and Up are for sure included. It is about 15 minutes long and includes projections on Main Street just like Disneyland Forever. The Up house "flies" by on the wire overhead. Concept art showed Buzz flying over as well so it is possible they will have both.

Has there been any speculation as to how long this show is supposed to last? It might be fun for a one time thing, but it just doesn't seem right having the Disneyland Fireworks show being dedicated solely to Pixar. Buzz flying seems cool, but it's no Tinkerbelle. The Pixar Symphony at DHS last year also made me pretty aware that music from the Pixar catalog is kind of lacking. I can see it being jam packed with emotion though.

Has there been any speculation as to how long this show is supposed to last? It might be fun for a one time thing, but it just doesn't seem right having the Disneyland Fireworks show being dedicated solely to Pixar. Buzz flying seems cool, but it's no Tinkerbelle. The Pixar Symphony at DHS last year also made me pretty aware that music from the Pixar catalog is kind of lacking. I can see it being jam packed with emotion though.
Early September is the end of Pixar Fest.

Speaking of all these attraction rumors and announcements...does anyone else think they shouldn't be announcing things at D23 unless they are 100% certain they are going through with it? Like the Main Street theater?

It just seems kind of cheap to me to announce things at the convention to pump up excitement and then just quietly never mention them again.

Speaking of all these attraction rumors and announcements...does anyone else think they shouldn't be announcing things at D23 unless they are 100% certain they are going through with it? Like the Main Street theater?

It just seems kind of cheap to me to announce things at the convention to pump up excitement and then just quietly never mention them again.
Well the theater was certain at the time. Disney always re-allocates things. Several things are announced and never happen such as Hyperion Wharf and Disney's America.

Time to start playing Beer Pong with the cups in the shapes of the Death Star, X wings and TIE fighters. I'll use my Solo cups.

Ugh.

Ummm, I think for a number of people aged 25 and younger you are probably wrong about this. I'd wager my kid would much rather see Buzz fly by than Tink. In fact, the memory that sticks with me that I know turned me into a DisneyWorld fan (from a staunch opponent) was being on Main St in the MK for Wishes and having my 3 year old nephew point up and say in a very sad 3 year old boy's voice, "Bye, bye Buzz!" because he didn't know any better. I still treasure that moment and I can only imagine a bunch of boys being able to have that experience for real.

Ummm, I think for a number of people aged 25 and younger you are probably wrong about this. I'd wager my kid would much rather see Buzz fly by than Tink. In fact, the memory that sticks with me that I know turned me into a DisneyWorld fan (from a staunch opponent) was being on Main St in the MK for Wishes and having my 3 year old nephew point up and say in a very sad 3 year old boy's voice, "Bye, bye Buzz!" because he didn't know any better. I still treasure that moment and I can only imagine a bunch of boys being able to have that experience for real.

Tinker bell is literally the park "mascot" for Disneyland. I'm sure Buzz is a more popular character with kids, but he doesn't hold the nostalgia or park significance Tink does. There is also nothing "magical" about Buzz. Thematically it just makes more sense to have Tink fly.

Tinker bell is literally the park "mascot" for Disneyland. I'm sure Buzz is a more popular character with kids, but he doesn't hold the nostalgia or park significance Tink does. There is also nothing "magical" about Buzz. Thematically it just makes more sense to have Tink fly.
Buzz flying from a castle doesn't make a ton of sense but if he flew at HS I would FREAK

We'll agree to disagree on the sentiment here.
I'll give you the mascot part.

I suppose nothing prevents buzz from flying in a different show at a different time from the castle, but I'd agree it would make more sense to figure out something a little different and send him at the studios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter