News Round Up 2017

That's great, but maybe first they should give their employees decent raises...... I thought charity begins at home......

It's also completely different for a corporate spending and tax deduction standpoint, etc. not saying they shouldn't give their employees raises but the two things really aren't connected

D23 has announced the gift for gold members who renew or join in 2018.

After honoring Walt Disney and Walt’s “Nine Old Men” in D23’s 2016 and 2017 Gold Member Gifts, D23 Gold and Gold Family Members will enjoy a gift inspired by the one who started it all––Mickey Mouse!

This fascinating collection, available exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members who join in or renew for 2018, chronicles the career of everyone’s favorite mouse, from Steamboat Willie to Shanghai Disneyland. The gift contains 23 reproduced archival treasures that follow Mickey as he transitions from black and white to radiant color, including a miniature animation cel representing Mickey’s first color appearance; a Sorcerer’s Apprentice record cover; a 1978 “Happy Birthday, Mickey” button; a Disney Channel launch party napkin featuring a familiar Mickey-shaped satellite; and a colorful souvenir gift bag from the early days of Tokyo Disneyland. Through it all, Mickey mirrors Walt Disney’s own optimistic spirit and proves himself to be that rare celebrity who is, and always will be, both a global icon and a personal friend to all.

Carefully curated by D23 and with items beautifully reproduced under the supervision of the Walt Disney Archives, the 2018 D23 Gold Member Gift is housed in a beautiful keepsake: a book-like box, perfect for display or safekeeping on your Disney bookshelf.

I’d question if they would make a hotel like that all DVC (not saying this hotel specifically, but a similar hotel in the future). They could charge a premium per point for the location, and also put the maintenance charge way up

I was thinking it will probably be a mix of DVC somehow. Costs covered, 100% occupancyudt keeps giving for them.

It's also completely different for a corporate spending and tax deduction standpoint, etc. not saying they shouldn't give their employees raises but the two things really aren't connected

I don't know--- In the big picture, if at the end of the business year a company has 2 million they need to dump for tax reasons, I don't think it matters where they dump it........ I need to buy a new truck or pay taxes on profits...........because the amount my business made was more than the amount I paid my employees and for materials etc. .......If I was a cool boss I would give them all raises so that next year I won't need to buy a new truck.......doesn't matter where I get rid of it, just so I don't keep it..

I see only 2 possible new construction categories-- DVC or Cruise ship resorts. (like the Star Wars resort) ..... and I don't think the Guardians ride will be enough to carry a themed hotel........
Don't know if anyone here is aware that the Hotel New York at Disneyland Paris is going to be turned into a Marvel themed hotel? It would be worth taking a trip to Paris just to stay there!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...-to-disneys-hotel-new-york-the-art-of-marvel/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter