News Round Up 2016

News

If you wanted to try one of each food and drink at this years' 2016 Annual Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, this journalist found out exactly how much money you'll need... guess before you read and see how close you are. Bet you'll be suprised.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trav...ey-epcot-food-fest-prices-20160926-story.html
I figured around $500 so not far off. That actually isn't terrible when you think about it. I am sure most would've thought $1000.

This is ridiculous. Was there in August and they had nothing for the Galaxy 7, several months after it's release but the IPhone 7 is out less than a month and they are adding stuff.
Well I see a few reasons for this.

1. International guests, it would seem more international guests would have an iPhone than Samsung.
2. Apple has worked with Disney for years.
3. It's assumed more people are going to have iPhones in the US

iPhone cases at Disney have always had more options than than anything else. They should have the galaxy 7 soon if it isn't there already. They usually do add the galaxy line at least.

This is ridiculous. Was there in August and they had nothing for the Galaxy 7, several months after it's release but the IPhone 7 is out less than a month and they are adding stuff.
That's really nothing new. Most retail places have a lot of iPhone stuff with less Android stuff.

FWIW I have an android phone and don't see myself getting an iPhone so I get the frustration.

News

Study gives some credibility to otherwise anecdotal evidence that riding Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (and similar rides) is an effective treatment for kidney stones.

"... wonder if that's the reason of the recent refurb" (he says tounge firmly planted in cheek)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericmac...uggests-heading-to-disney-world/#21f068e45ee2
My husband was just telling me about that news story a few hrs ago. I was like "uhhh hmmm well I guess I could see how that would work"..never thought about a ride working like that.

I received an e-mail from Disney Store that my shirt was shipped today.

Then mine should be coming any day now...right?...right? :\

How do you think it feels to be a Nexus 6P owner? :p

Well I see a few reasons for this.

1. International guests, it would seem more international guests would have an iPhone than Samsung.
2. Apple has worked with Disney for years.
3. It's assumed more people are going to have iPhones in the US

iPhone cases at Disney have always had more options than than anything else. They should have the galaxy 7 soon if it isn't there already. They usually do add the galaxy line at least.

Your first point is kind of tough to make. Android typically has 80% of the global market compared to iOS. With that being said though, Android by nature spans many, many, many devices. iOS is specific to iPhones. However, Samsung is typically touted as "the" Android phone. A lot of people don't even realize the difference between stock Android and the Touchwiz skin Samsung has. I just think it's hard to say more international guests would have an iPhone than a Samsung. iPhone is very specifically tailored to the U.S audience.

Your first point is kind of tough to make. Android typically has 80% of the global market compared to iOS. With that being said though, Android by nature spans many, many, many devices. iOS is specific to iPhones. However, Samsung is typically touted as "the" Android phone. A lot of people don't even realize the difference between stock Android and the Touchwiz skin Samsung has. I just think it's hard to say more international guests would have an iPhone than a Samsung. iPhone is very specifically tailored to the U.S audience.
Yes that's android though. What is the number for galaxy S7s specifically. I don't have a problem with either side here, I've had iPhones and androids. I'm just trying to see what Disneys thinking is.

Your first point is kind of tough to make. Android typically has 80% of the global market compared to iOS. With that being said though, Android by nature spans many, many, many devices.

You said it there yourself. There are a huge number of Android devices, but the vast majority of them aren't the latest Galaxy phone.

Market share is not the same thing as specific phone model sales. How many people who are a) affluent enough to own the latest smart phone and b) affluent enough to fly to the US to go to WDW own c) [insert brand of phone here]?

I'm sure Disney has metrics that show that Disney themed cases sell well to iPhone owners. They stock what sells.

Samsung has a larger percent of both US and foreign markets. (US it's 28% Samsung to 23% Apple.) But you have to remember that Disney has been in bad with Apple/Steve Jobs for a long, long time. I am sure the license deal they have with Apple allows them to focus on the Apple products in their D-tech lines.

with all the Apple discussion - don't you wonder why Apple's presence at the Disney parks isn't more obvious, other than sales of iPhone products I mean. I wonder why they don't sponsor an attraction - or maybe they do and I just don't know about it, being one of those Androidits.

Samsung has a larger percent of both US and foreign markets. (US it's 28% Samsung to 23% Apple.)

How many different models of phones is that? As I said in my last post, market share is not the same thing as specific phone model/size sales.

Cases fit specific models of phone. Samsung makes dozens of different models of phones, some of which sell better than others. Apple makes 2 sizes of phone each year, and they change sizes on a 2 year cycle.

It's easier to produce cases logistically when you know you only have to make phone cases that fit 2 sizes of phone. A case that fits an iPhone 6s will also fit a 6. This has been part of Apple's design strategy going back to the 4. The 4 and 4s were the same size, the 5 and 5s were the same size. And since the iPhone SE (same size as the 5) was released, that's 4 years that case manufacturers have been able to make cases for one specific model size. Case manufacturers LOVE this.

But you have to remember that Disney has been in bad with Apple/Steve Jobs for a long, long time. I am sure the license deal they have with Apple allows them to focus on the Apple products in their D-tech lines.

Sure, business deals exist too. That's a part of the whole picture.

Last edited:
with all the Apple discussion - don't you wonder why Apple's presence at the Disney parks isn't more obvious, other than sales of iPhone products I mean. I wonder why they don't sponsor an attraction - or maybe they do and I just don't know about it, being one of those Androidits.

I've thought for AGES (and said it many times) that Apple should be sponsoring the Imagination Pavillion and pay to FIX it up. They could have demos of their latest technologies on the exit area as well as set up more interactive systems. It seems like this would be good for both Disney AND Apple. Which is probably why it will never happen.

How many different models of phones is that? As I said in my last post, market share is not the same thing as specific phone model/size sales.

Cases fit specific models of phone. Samsung makes dozens of different models of phones, some of which sell better than others. Apple makes 2 sizes of phone each year, and they change sizes on a 2 year cycle.

I didn't mention this but it is VERY very true. One of the things Apple is fairly smart about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter