"Newbie", Please help.

Raecheal

DIS Veteran
We're looking to rent a car during our August 2010 trip in order to drive out to The Kennedy Space Centre and a few shopping outlets, I"m looking for a few tips for a newbie here...

My boyfriend will be flying out to meet me in Orlando half way through our trip. We will need the car on his arrival day for a total of two days.

Do you suggest renting the car from MCO or from a location outside of the airport?

If you go outside of MCO location, Do rental companies pick you up/drop you off at the hotel?

If we decided to get the rental car once he arrives at MCO, upon return, how much will a cab cost to get him back to the hotel from MCO?

Can anyone recommend a good rental company?

What is a reasonable daily rate?

Anything I should watch out for?

We're looking to rent a car during our August 2010 trip in order to drive out to The Kennedy Space Centre and a few shopping outlets, I"m looking for a few tips for a newbie here...

My boyfriend will be flying out to meet me in Orlando half way through our trip. We will need the car on his arrival day for a total of two days.

Do you suggest renting the car from MCO or from a location outside of the airport?

If you go outside of MCO location, Do rental companies pick you up/drop you off at the hotel?

If we decided to get the rental car once he arrives at MCO, upon return, how much will a cab cost to get him back to the hotel from MCO?

Can anyone recommend a good rental company?

What is a reasonable daily rate?

Anything I should watch out for?

IT would help if we knew where you were staying.

O.K., very, very sorry :confused: to show up in your thread, :guilty: I needed to see my signature. It's my second posting ever. Since your thread start with "newbie", and since I don't know how to start one yet, I thought I could visit, just to see what my new signature looked like. I tried to add banners and they are not showing.

So once again, sorry for showing up in your thread, but it's been very helpful.

Have a very nice day full of pixie dust!

The first night we will be at POP and checking into AKL the following morning.

Since you are staying on Disney property you can do several things for a rental car.

1- You can rent it at MCO and return it (alamo,National) to the Disney Car Care Center or return it (alamo) to the Dolphin Hotel.

2-You can rent it and return it to either the Car Care center or the Dolphin, the car care center has a shuttle and will pick you up/drop you off at your hotel if staying on Disney Property and have a reservation. The Dolphin, as far as I know doesn't have a shuttle but you can easily get there/leave there by going to the Beach club/Yacht Club or the Boardwalk and walking to the Dolphin.

3-Your boyfriend can use Magical Express if you don't want the added expense of a Cab to the airport. It doesn't matter if he is arriving/departing at a different time/day then you as long as he is listed on the resort reservation he can use Magical Express

4-I would strongly advise that you plan when you want the car and make a reservation, also sometimes picking up/dropping off at different locations increases the cost, sometimes it doesn't, you would have to price it out to see.

If I understand correctly, you will fly in, and take the Magical Express. Later on, your BF will fly in, and you would then need the car for 2 days. After that, you want to get rid of the car, and would be taking the Magical Express back to the airport (separately or together, both will work) at the end of the trip.

In that case, the easiest and less time consuming is to just rent from the airport at Alamo/National, and drop off at WDW, either the Car Care Center, or the Dolphin hotel. At the airport, it is easy with Alamo/National, you either pre check-in online or at the self-serve kiosk, and go pick a car from the lot (in you category). There won't be any extra fees to drop-off at WDW, just select Car Care (probably easier, they are open longer hours and will just drive you back at your hotel after). Often if is cheaper to get the car at the airport, but you could look-up prices for Car Care as well. In that case, your BF would take the Magical to meet your at the hotel.

Hope this helps (and was clear enough for a Newbie).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter