• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Yorkers Do Cajun @ Boatwright's

melomouse

DIS Veteran
We had dinner at Boatwright's for the first time on 9/24 after we checked into POR with FDP. Had our ADR's - no wait whatsoever.

This is one of those restaurants that has NOT shrunk the portions - DD had the Jumbo shrimp cocktail with 6 huge shrimp. She had one. I had two. Although the big fat jumbos, perfectly cooked, the texture was too grainy for my taste. I ordered crabcakes on a bed of frisee - ate two of these tiny guys and found them salty. DS' appetizer of onion soup was the best of the starters and was perfect.

By the time the entrees arrived,I really wanted the server to slow it down. Foolishly, I ordered each of the kids the sirloin steak and garlic mashed potatoes.They easily could have split it and still had leftovers. Each of them maybe had half, with me trying to help out. And although they were good cuts and served medium rare as ordered, the cajun rub on them was not pleasing for any of us. DUH - New Orleans=Cajun - I got it! But it hadn't said so on the menu to the best of my recollection. I had the chicken penne dish, which was hot in temperature AND flavor, but tasty.

DS had a smoothie, which was included, but not refillable. He switched to water and coke after that. I asked for coffee at the end, as well as my iced tea, the server brought it at no extra charge.

DD was ready to explode, but DS and I split some pie with ice cream and were unable to finish. I think the check came to $92.00 and I was glad for the DP.DD asked never to go back there as we rolled out to the bus and MK's evening EMH!

More reviews soon!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter