New Security Entrance

They increase prices every year past inflation most the times

Changes nothing sadly, the money always flows upwards...not to the CMs, not to fixing effects on attractions or adding more entertainment
I know... but I wonder what it might (or could) be like if like the "bottom" of ticket prices (so if you got a 5 day pass) were like $175 or something vs just under $100. And also if the APs were *much* more expensive, or if the only APs they sold were ones that had black outs for basically all of September/October, all July and August, and like a week all around every holiday or something. Keep the locals feeding the machine midweek by buying food and stuff, but totally don't add to the burden of busy periods.

I thought it was very interesting just over 100,000 people had the Dream Key... that number was larger than I was expecting and makes you wonder how many have the lower end passes...

There is also a security entrance between the old ESPN building and Star Wars Trading. Some of the people from the parking structure go through that entrance. Others walk around to the new entrance.

Tuesday morning we tried to do early entry. The security line was backed up and down towards the GC parking lot. The line moved pretty quickly but due to the amount of people trying to get through, it was a mess. This morning at 9:00 they had three lines open and it was backed up. Disney needs to be better than this. Paying almost $700.00 a night for a Holiday Inn type room and have to deal with this. I can say from experience that GCH security moved much quicker. We went there a few times for cocktails or food and had to use the security to re-enter DTD and it was quick and painless. Next time, back to GCH.

How has it been in the mornings? Have you been trying to rope drop?

Last edited:
Just went through DTD security. Took about fifteen minutes. There was one security officer apologizing about the wait times. He stated that they were short people and he said in a joking way that we should not be posting photos on social media of the long lines. I guess they don’t like the negative press. I say post even more until someone decides to correct the situation.

Just went through DTD security. Took about fifteen minutes. There was one security officer apologizing about the wait times. He stated that they were short people and he said in a joking way that we should not be posting photos on social media of the long lines. I guess they don’t like the negative press. I say post even more until someone decides to correct the situation.
Couldn't agree more, unfortunately its the only way sometimes that Disney will listen. They hate bad press.

Yeah, post post post, but when lines are short, DON'T POST. Just let the hotel guests realize they're short because they physically have to walk past them to get into Disney, lol

Thanks to everyone sharing. Sorry to hear about the continued issues. I am not staying at DLH, but planning to do an early Goofy's dinner at 4:00 one day. This would put me going through the new security check around 5:00. This thread is making me wonder if it's worth it!

Also, any recent reports from Harbor? It sounds like it's really hit and miss at DLH, parking structures, and Harbor based on how many people they have staffed at any given time.

While the lines may look long, I'm curious how long people actually waited. Did anyone wait more than 20 min to get through this security entrance? If so, how long was your wait?

@OlliePop27 what are your plans after dinner? Goofy's Kitchen is a trek from the parks. Is there some place that you need to be at a certain time?

Thanks to everyone sharing. Sorry to hear about the continued issues. I am not staying at DLH, but planning to do an early Goofy's dinner at 4:00 one day. This would put me going through the new security check around 5:00. This thread is making me wonder if it's worth it!
While the lines may look long, I'm curious how long people actually waited. Did anyone wait more than 20 min to get through this security entrance? If so, how long was your wait?

@OlliePop27 what are your plans after dinner? Goofy's Kitchen is a trek from the parks. Is there some place that you need to be at a certain time?
Nothing specific, I just don't want to wait too long with little kids. No particular plans, probably take the monorail to Tomorrowland. It's kind of a tradition to do Goofy's one day. It used to be very short security from there. You make a good point the actual wait might not be too long.

Nothing specific, I just don't want to wait too long with little kids. No particular plans, probably take the monorail to Tomorrowland. It's kind of a tradition to do Goofy's one day. It used to be very short security from there. You make a good point the actual wait might not be too long.
I've been through it a couple of times. On Father's Day the parks were light and there was no wait at 2 pm (post #24). The other time (10:30 am), the lines looked long but were they were constantly moving. I barely had time to take photos. It took less than 15 minutes to get through (post #4).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter