New Security Entrance

We spent three days at the Villas at the Disneyland Hotel last week and rope dropped three consecutive mornings. I found the exit entrance between Adventure and Frontier Towers to be the most direct route to the new Downtown Disney Security entrance.
1719881547323.jpeg
You walk out the gate, across the road and there is the entrance. Very convenient.

Sunday June 23 we got there around 6 am and were the third family in line. Monday June 24 we meant to get there later but arrived around 6:15 am and were the second family in line. Tuesday June 25 arrived around 6:05 and were first in line. Only a handful of families between 6 and 6:15 each morning. About 20 to 30 families by 6:30 and too many to count by 7:00. Very few people coming from Pixar Place or the parking lots. Most people came from hotel via the Sorcerer's Hat. I didn't pay attention to the time security actually opened but it was never at 7, always a bit after. You know it is nearly time when the dog comes on duty.

At opening there were between 3 and five lines open. We spend less than one minute going through security and then began the walk to the park gates. We arrived at the park gates around 7: 18 am and were about the fifth family in line each day.

We left the park each day around noon or one. The exit gate changed sides each day. Returning to the parks around 4 or 5 pm we usually only one or two groups ahead of us with about 3 to five lines open.

Returning to the parks around 4 or 5 pm we usually only one or two groups ahead of us
Thanks for sharing. So, on Sunday night, did you see the long lines that kes601 wrote about? Something must have happened that caused a sudden change.

Very few people coming from Pixar Place or the parking lots
Sunday and Monday would have been DCA EE dates so the Pixar Place guests probably used their DCA entrance.

People who park in the lots wouldn't have EE. The structures open an hour before the park opens, so people were barely getting into the structure by 7 am.

Last edited:
Is there an aerial view map of the new entrance somewhere? Even looking at the pictures and hearing descriptions I can't wrap my head around where it is. I'm sure it's just me lol

Is there an aerial view map of the new entrance somewhere? Even looking at the pictures and hearing descriptions I can't wrap my head around where it is. I'm sure it's just me lol
Look at the Disneyland app. It is there. It is the oval structure that my poorly drawn red arrow is pointing to. The blue X is where Din Tai Fung is located.

1719896545412.png

Last edited:
We spent three days at the Villas at the Disneyland Hotel last week and rope dropped three consecutive mornings. I found the exit entrance between Adventure and Frontier Towers to be the most direct route to the new Downtown Disney Security entrance.
View attachment 872786
You walk out the gate, across the road and there is the entrance. Very convenient.

Sunday June 23 we got there around 6 am and were the third family in line. Monday June 24 we meant to get there later but arrived around 6:15 am and were the second family in line. Tuesday June 25 arrived around 6:05 and were first in line. Only a handful of families between 6 and 6:15 each morning. About 20 to 30 families by 6:30 and too many to count by 7:00. Very few people coming from Pixar Place or the parking lots. Most people came from hotel via the Sorcerer's Hat. I didn't pay attention to the time security actually opened but it was never at 7, always a bit after. You know it is nearly time when the dog comes on duty.

At opening there were between 3 and five lines open. We spend less than one minute going through security and then began the walk to the park gates. We arrived at the park gates around 7: 18 am and were about the fifth family in line each day.

We left the park each day around noon or one. The exit gate changed sides each day. Returning to the parks around 4 or 5 pm we usually only one or two groups ahead of us with about 3 to five lines open.
We must have been just behind you on Monday / Tuesday. It was just after that when we started using VGC I believe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest