New Riviera Promotional Video

Did they show a Mary Poppins Penguin fountain that I missed in the video rendering of the RIV lobby?

Like the one in the GFVs? No, I didnt see one unless I missed it too.

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if you didn't have access to CBR using the pathway connecting CBR to the skyliner. When I made trips with a car, there were times we'd drive to POP Century to use their food court, since OKW quick service is...to put it mildly...lacking.

Yea I expect they will allow it, esp since you can always come in the green route through the skyliner below-might as well have the red route available. CBR food court is very nice now, and some different choices. Haven't tried the new restaurant.

enhance

Yea I expect they will allow it, esp since you can always come in the green route through the skyliner below-might as well have the red route available. CBR food court is very nice now, and some different choices. Haven't tried the new restaurant.

enhance
We stayed there recently and Sebastian’s was the best meal we had on our trip. Glad to see there will be a way to walk over there.

We stayed there recently and Sebastian’s was the best meal we had on our trip. Glad to see there will be a way to walk over there.

Good to hear, more options the better IMO.

I'm not sure the red route will be open, but seems odd if not.

IMG_5887.jpg We took some photos of the Riviera from the CBR pathway that used to circle Barefoot Bay. Based on the map at CBR and the map for Riviera I would say the paths will join and continue around to the front of the Riviera or behind the pool area.

DSC_9827.jpg

DSC_9820 (1).jpg

Last edited:
That lobby is so white and modern compared to the rest of the resort rendering. I really hope someone adjusts that. Adding just some grey paint on the pools would tone down the WHITEness.
Other than that, it looked like a nice place to stay. I may stay next year sometime to try it out. I am certainly not buying there.

When we purchased RVA just a few days ago, I never even gave a thought to any benefit that might accrue from proximity to CBR. And I have never even been to any part of the CBR so didn’t really know what it was like or that it had a food court... then I watched a video tour of CBR and now seeing that it does have food court. I know it’s not going to be fine dining but that’s okay — IMO all of the fast/counter service food throughout WDW is consistently good, if not great. So now with the walking path I see it as another option for an off day. Cool!

That lobby is so white and modern compared to the rest of the resort rendering. I really hope someone adjusts that. Adding just some grey paint on the pools would tone down the WHITEness.
Other than that, it looked like a nice place to stay. I may stay next year sometime to try it out. I am certainly not buying there.

Agreed on the whiteness. Looks off.

When we purchased RVA just a few days ago, I never even gave a thought to any benefit that might accrue from proximity to CBR. And I have never even been to any part of the CBR so didn’t really know what it was like or that it had a food court... then I watched a video tour of CBR and now seeing that it does have food court. I know it’s not going to be fine dining but that’s okay — IMO all of the fast/counter service food throughout WDW is consistently good, if not great. So now with the walking path I see it as another option for an off day. Cool!

Its very nice now after the renovation. I think it will be handy at times when staying at Riviera.

My daughter is hoping she can walk over to the CBR food court if we stay at Riviera. She looked at their new menu and they have multiple vegan options.

There are some videos of the gondolas unwrapped and in motion that are surfacing now on YouTube and.... they look awesome. We have been at BCV since 2002 and have only stayed there, but wherever we are on property we enjoy the Disney transportation just about as much as being at the parks. It is a good time to rest and recharge if hopping in between parks, or after a long day at the parks. Boats, buses, monorail, and now the gondolas. And the fact that I don’t have to drive during the vacation is very relaxing. The gondolas are going to be a ton of fun, and I predict that it will make Riviera a very desirable resort in the DVC portfolio. Yes there has been a lot of negative chatter and uncertainty about the gondolas, but I felt confident enough in Disney’s planning to go ahead and buy at Riviera pre-completion and pre-gondolas. Anyone else see the gondolas in action? Whaddya think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter