"New" MK Bus Stops?

Matty_Disfan

Heading ba-ack...!!
I just realized that the Resort Buses now go directly to the MK gates at what I consider to be a 'new' bus stop.

I was last in the world in May 2003, and am leaving to return next week. Am I imagining things, but did this bus stop come into use AFTER May 2003. I swore we were continually dropped off at the TTC from the resort (FW) when I was last there.

Thanks (in advance) for the responses!!

I know for sure they were there in 2005. I seem to recall them being there in 1998 as well because I don't remember ever going to the TTC to catch a bus.

I just realized that the Resort Buses now go directly to the MK gates at what I consider to be a 'new' bus stop.

I was last in the world in May 2003, and am leaving to return next week. Am I imagining things, but did this bus stop come into use AFTER May 2003. I swore we were continually dropped off at the TTC from the resort (FW) when I was last there.

Thanks (in advance) for the responses!!

I'm pretty sure the resort buses have always dropped off at the gates. I know they did in 1998.

FW and WL offer boat service to the MK. Those resorts had buses that went to the TTC instead of going directly to the MK. Otherwise the Disney resort buses stop directly at the MK.

Our first family trip was in 1997 and the buses for the MK always dropped off at the terminal just outside the MK entrance.

Maybe the OP stayed at an offsite hotel? Disney resort guests are always let out near the MK entrance.

Lewisc has nailed it I think. We almost always took the ferry to MK (forgot) and when we didn't we would have taken our rental car, or were coming via buses from other parks.

That solves it.

Thanks guys. We're staying at POR next week so we'll be enjoying the quick service MK station, although I will 'pine' for the TTC and its Ferries.

A very long time ago buses went to TTC, but that ended when there were too many resorts to fit enough stops in the TTC. FW has not had a regular service direct bus to MK. For a short time the WL bus did go to TTC instead of MK due to bus stop construction I think.

Thanks guys. We're staying at POR next week so we'll be enjoying the quick service MK station, although I will 'pine' for the TTC and its Ferries.

I love taking the Ferry, what I do just to satisfy that need, is from either Epcot or MK I take the monorail over to the TTC and then walk over to the Ferry dock and ride the ferry over to the MK. This gives me the opportunity to ride the monorail and the ferry.

Our first stay was in 88 and back then the TTC really was a Transportation Center -- buses to all resorts and each of the parks. Things have changed quite a bit.

There is a very nice boat ride between PO and DTD.

Indeed there is, down the sassagoula river no less.

We plan on doing that a few times, most notably on our arrival day to head down after check in for dinner, take the dds dress shopping at The World of Disney.

Thanks everyone, hopefully you all enjoyed pulling that info from the back of your brains.

However.....

It's still not clear what date or year they put in the MK bus stop....

Bus service from FW and WL changed from the TTC to the bus area at the MK sometime after 1997. Bus service was moved back to the TTC for a short period during construction at the MK bus area.

I don't know if Disney resort buses otherwise every used the TTC. Someone else will tell you if the Caribbean buses (or the treehouse villas near DTD) ever used the TTC. I know the buses used the MK bus area by the time other resorts opened in the early 90's.

The reason you're confused is FW and WL was the exception. Bus service from those resorts went to the TTC for more then 10 years after other resorts bused guests directly to the MK.

edited to add a previous poster said resort buses used the TTC in 1988. CBR opened in 1988. My memory is the change over occurred about the same time Disney started to open the moderate resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter