New family style meal at pizzafari

NMPensFan

Mouseketeer
i looked and didn’t see thread about this. Pizzafari will be creating a family style meal for dinner. It sounds great and it’s only a quick service credit. I think I might try it out!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2018/07/16/family-style-dining-coming-to-animal-kingdoms-pizzafari/

And there is a new lunch price fixe menu for lunch at Tiffins. So many choices at Animal kingdom...

https://wdwnt.com/2018/07/tiffins-at-animal-kingdom-receiving-new-prix-fixe-lunch-menu/

Edit: I meant to post this in the main restaurant thread. Can a mod move it?

I read it earlier .... two thoughts ....

They call it served family style but I wasn't clear if you could get more if it was just brought to table one time in serving plates.

Loved the picture of the pizza .... NEVER got a single serve pizza that had that much meat on it. Think I'll print that out to take with me ... :D

The prix fixe lunch menu at Tiffins is a terrible use of dining credits, though. It's $35 OOP but 2 TS credits. Insane. I thought the prix fixe coming to BOG was bad at $55 / 2TS credits.

I read it earlier .... two thoughts ....

They call it served family style but I wasn't clear if you could get more if it was just brought to table one time in serving plates.

Loved the picture of the pizza .... NEVER got a single serve pizza that had that much meat on it. Think I'll print that out to take with me ... :D

I am looking forward to reviews. We did not plan a TS meal at DAK, but this sounds pretty nice.

I went online to book a reservation and they are saying it is a table service. I'm confused.

Hey there. I have been trying to book this too. So I called and found out it is definitely a QS credit. It is not a seasonal or limited time thing. My issue is booking in January. As of right now it is only open till October 31 which is an error in the system. The cast member told me they will fix it and to keep trying. She did mention if more people complain or mention the issue it will be solved faster. PEACE

I was able to book online just now for October. Hope to see some reviews before then.
Think this would be a good plan. I had an excellent flat bread pizza here a few yrs ago. But if this is the old Pizza Planet style pillow pizza (and it looks like it) then that's a no go for me. Zero flavour. Of course, everyone has their own taste & preference. I'm also sympathetic to 1) price & quantity for families trying to stretch their dollars in the park and 2) picky kids/adults who want what they want esp if it's considered a favourite, dependable comfort food. Getting confirmation of exactly what kind of pizza this is would be a priority.

Hey there. I have been trying to book this too. So I called and found out it is definitely a QS credit. It is not a seasonal or limited time thing. My issue is booking in January. As of right now it is only open till October 31 which is an error in the system. The cast member told me they will fix it and to keep trying. She did mention if more people complain or mention the issue it will be solved faster. PEACE

Yeah I’m gonna lean to maybe they will see how well it books at first before they extend.

I just booked this for Oct 18th during my non dining plan time. I feel like $20 is a descent price and I don't have to sit in line. I am hoping for some reviews to see if I will keep it.

Think this would be a good plan. I had an excellent flat bread pizza here a few yrs ago. But if this is the old Pizza Planet style pillow pizza (and it looks like it) then that's a no go for me. Zero flavour. Of course, everyone has their own taste & preference. I'm also sympathetic to 1) price & quantity for families trying to stretch their dollars in the park and 2) picky kids/adults who want what they want esp if it's considered a favourite, dependable comfort food. Getting confirmation of exactly what kind of pizza this is would be a priority.

I have the same question. Did Pizzafari go through a menu change? I just looked at a menu dated February 2018 from WDW Info and it only lists flatbreads as options. The Pizzafari menu on the official WDW web site lists them as pizza, which I assume is the thick Pizza Planet style. I remember eating at Pizzafari in the past and had the thick doughy style with garlic knots, but neither of these appear on the menu update on WDW Info. Is this accurate that they are all flatbreads now?

Yesterday’s Dis Podcast confirmed Pizzafari is bringing back the original Disney round pizzas. The artisan flatbreads will no longer be available. I guess only the shrimp flatbread remains. (See below)

I’m not a fan of Disney pizza but I’m interested what the rest of the menu will be. It mentions salads and other entrees besides pizza.

I think my kids would enjoy this. We’re always open to exploring new dining experiences. I also think it’s a good value for a QS credit.

Edited to add:
This is an excerpt from the Disney Parks Blog i linked above:

In addition to this new option, you may have noticed that Pizzafari has changed up their quick-service menu, and those classic round pizzas are back from extinction! Enjoy a freshly baked Cheese, Pepperoni, Vegetable, or Sausage & Pepperoni Pizza. And, of course, you can still enjoy the Shrimp Flatbread with roasted shrimp, tomato, red pepper, Alfredo sauce and pesto and topped with greens.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter