New England Disers, brace yourself, 2 ft. of snow coming!

All I really need is a bag of Cheetos and a bottle of wine, and I can ride out any storm!

Last winter we had an unusual number of storms - every freaking Wednesday it seemed like. One of the hosts on CBC radio mentioned she was going out to buy potato chips for the storm on he way home before one of the earliest storms and all sorts of people called in to confess that they always by chips for a snow storm. So last winter became the winter of #stormchips in Nova Scotia!

I picked up a bag of party mix on sale at Costco today - we are expecting up to a foot of snow plus rain/freezing rain when this storm hits us starting tomorrow morning.

M.

Boy it is a good thing right now I live in Canada. You guys in the States really get a lot of snow...
tigercat

Goodies, yes! I can agree with that! It's the milk & bread (and eggs) that are the first to fly off the shelves that has me shaking my head every storm, no matter how little or big. :confused3

Milk will be the first thing to go bad if you lose power, so why bother? lol

All I really need is a bag of Cheetos and a bottle of wine, and I can ride out any storm!

LOL!!

I blame the media, with all their hype - Snowmaggedon! Storm of the Century! Millions of flights canceled! Travel at a standstill!

Really, being reasonalbly prepared is fine, but this is not the end of all civilization as we know it.

How's it going so far? Worse or better than predicted? It's bad in central PA but on the smaller side of 4-8 inches but still coming down. It's around 10 degrees so I'm looking forward to the freezing of everything.

TaxGuy and Goofy4Tink...I am nearby too....Charlton/ Sturbridge area. Did you notice that we are always in that band that gets the most snow? Think they are saying we could get 30 plus inches. But really...after a foot does it really matter?:rotfl2:

I'm in your same area! Fingers crossed we at least keep power. Our house is new as of April and we haven't invested in the generator yet!

I'm going to start a blizzard drinking game. There's only one rule so it's easy.

Every time the Blizzard of '78 is mentioned, drink.

:) It's a winter storm, if you lose power, just put stuff outside. :)

We dug out a cooler, because we always lose power. We'll fill it halfway with snow, and keep all the really perishable stuff in it.

SE Mass here, it started snowing lightly around 4 or so, and it's just now starting to stick to the roads. We're all home and tucked in for the next 36 hours or so.

Hope everyone stays safe and warm

When it comes to the food issue, winter weather always seems to want to hit on the evening of or the day after I do my weekly shopping. So I am pretty much out of anything besides meat in the freezer and some non-perishables. It stinks because I either need to have something random (and hope I am not stuck too long) or run to the store with the other crazy people. Which makes me look like a crazy person but I just want to do my NORMAL shopping!

Heck, next weekend I won't be going out because I don't want to be shopping the morning of the Superbowl. So I already have everything I need from my trip today (been sick so finally dragged myself out this afternoon because I HAD to).

I'm in the 24+ area on the South Shore. I'm only nervous that my grandson doesn't decide to arrive in the next 30 hours or so. My daughter in law is 38 weeks pregnant and delivers in Boston 1/2 hour away on a good day. I told her if she delivers in the middle of this we know he'll be trouble! LOL

i was in Boston for the Blizzard of '78, in nursing school. Those poor patients had us students for a week! We had fun until the bar a the bottom of Parker Hill ran out of beer!

Starting at 11PM driving is banned in my county until further notice. 12 other counties too. Its a good thing I went to BJs and got toilet paper yesterday :lmao:

TaxGuy and Goofy4Tink...I am nearby too....Charlton/ Sturbridge area. Did you notice that we are always in that band that gets the most snow? Think they are saying we could get 30 plus inches. But really...after a foot does it really matter?:rotfl2:

Dd used to go to camp in Charleton! Yeah,that 495 belt always gets a ton of snow. But.....it's NE, it's January. What's new!?
Have to agree with that 'panic mode' though. We had to fill up this morning but that was because we had to drive to the Cape and back....two days in a row. Bought nothing other than gas. Bought usual groceries on Friday! Sure it's going to be a lot if snow, but pretty sure we'll be out on the roads on Wednesday!

Goodies, yes! I can agree with that! It's the milk & bread (and eggs) that are the first to fly off the shelves that has me shaking my head every storm, no matter how little or big. :confused3

French toast - the Official Dish of snowstorms!

Three hours ago they were forecasting the most snow for a swath of the South Shore. The rest of us are only getting the one to two feet.

How's it going so far? Worse or better than predicted? It's bad in central PA but on the smaller side of 4-8 inches but still coming down. It's around 10 degrees so I'm looking forward to the freezing of everything.

Really... you got snow? Eastern PA didn't get anything.

Or was that from the clipper that came through early yesterday? Because the nor'easter wasn't supposed to hit until last night.

We were not expected to get too much snow here in Niagara area of Ontario, Canada. Of course it's really hitting us now. We are waiting for replacement skids/shoes which had worn down on our tractor/snowblower attachment. These raise the blower up off the gravel to blow "snow" only away.

Dh was going to find a welding shop, and get them raised (Add metal). However, he found a place online that makes replacement ones. Problem is they are out there somewhere (no tracking), and it's highly unlikely we will see them in time to snowblow! Nor' Easters are our worst driveway dumpers.

So.. I guess HE'LL get quite the workout as our driveway is 150 ft long - 2 vehicles wide!!
Ah.. Country Living Is The Life For Us!! I'M nursing a knee ailment so no help from me.. sigh.

Whine over, stay safe all.

Yikes! Too much snow, and it's still coming down steadily. The snowblower skids/shoes mentioned in quote are more than likely on a truck in the U.S.A. :sad2:

It appears to have finally moved on. The sun is shining, and light wind! :)

Boy it is a good thing right now I live in Canada. You guys in the States really get a lot of snow...
tigercat

Here in Niagara only 30 mins from you but, because we are only 5 mins from Lake Ontario we are getting hit hard.

Come on by neighbour, and bring a shovel! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter