• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

new DVC rules Riviera

I bet they do happen at the resorts, even if people only friendship boat or gondola to another resort for breakfast.
So that's three more security check sites, and none of those three are particularly well suited, currently, to having a fully security check installed.

They could continue the current set up for the guests walking and/or boating to the IG and just alter the entrance enough to handle the ticket turnstiles for those guests arriving by gondola. It shouldn't be all that difficult to set up security checks at the entrances to the gondolas at the resorts.

I don’t know. The boardwalk is packed at night. I can’t even imagine it with the added traffic from the gondolas :(

The gondola station is right outside the International Gateway. The only foot traffic added to the BoardWalk will be from people who explicitly choose to visit it. It's a charming resort area, but unless you're headed to a restaurant, there's not a whole lot to see. The performers can draw a crowd, but other than that most of the traffic just seems to be people passing thru.

I don't envision thousands of CBR/AOA/POP guests making a side trip to the BW for no reason. If you were staying at POP, what does the BoardWalk have to offer that would compel you to walk the extra half mile? There are plenty of restaurants, gift shops and even ice cream (France) right inside Epcot or back at your resort.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter