NEW Disney Gift Card Deals and More

Last nights party definitely went on- but as a poster on the MNSSHP thread alluded to, it wasn’t a party. There was no party atmosphere, no happy people. Even when prepared getting drenched can take that happiness from your sails. And I’m pretty sure the CMs could only see the end of their evenings being angry guests mad at them over things they couldn’t control anyway while standing there drenched themselves. Who can even pretend to be happy looking forward to that? MK did fireworks as those are only cancelled for lightening and the lightening had stopped by then. But it rather poured until like 11pm and no other things happened aside from trick or treating (which was in itself a bit harder as the rain made seeing stuff hard).

I had dismissed party tickets as a sunk cost if something like last night happened but with Disney showing some graciousness I want to keep my odds higher in the future of a good outcome in case something unfortunate happens

Curious - did they refund you the face value of the ticket to a DGC or did they ask for a receipt and only refund you what you paid Viator?

I’m curious if anyone here knows how an annual pass renewal codes on your credit card? With Chase Freedom’s current 5% back on “Select Live Entertainment” I’m wondering if I should go that route and save my remaining Disney gidt card balance for something else.
Last year I tried at various locations in park (DLR) to test; none worked. Then I tried at the ticket booth; worked. So I bought $1500 in GCs fron the ticket booth. Cannot confirm it works this year. But you can always buy a $10 GC to test it.

This particular offer, I had spend $90 3 times for $25 reward, yes, buying a Disney gift card works. The exclusions are listed in the terms of the offer - no Target GC or Visa/MC cash type gift cards.

Not sure. I didn’t get the target bonus for awhile. I stopped shopping at target in person as often (maybe 6 mo or 9 mo) and started getting the bonus.

It was frustrating to see everyone getting the bonus but me ;)

Curious - did they refund you the face value of the ticket to a DGC or did they ask for a receipt and only refund you what you paid Viator?
Neither. I was told they refunded the value of the 1 day comp ticket + taxes, in total I got $123. I didn’t question it as I was happy with anything back. Looking at records now this is less than a party ticket direct from Disney would have been as my ticket was $129 that night, however because I used a coupon on Viator I actually ended up a bit ahead.

Rakuten: Earn 1%/1x When Paying With Linked Card At Stop & Shop​

• Earn 1% cashback or 1x Membership Rewards from Rakuten when paying with a linked card at Stop & Shop.
  • Direct link to offer.
  • US stores only.
  • Offer not valid at locations in US territories.
  • Maximum Reward of $10 per qualifying transaction.
  • In-Store offers not valid for online purchases and cannot be combined with other offers.
  • Offer not valid for gift card purchases.
  • Debit card purchases must be processed as credit to be eligible for Cash Back. When using a debit card, do not enter your PIN.
  • If you add the same merchant on more than one rewards site or platform, you will only receive rewards through the most recently added Offer.
  • Once you add an Offer, you may make qualifying transactions for up to 1 hour after initial redemption before needing to re-add the Offer. An added offer that has not been redeemed will automatically expire 75 days after it is added or on the date the offer itself ends, whichever is sooner.

Best Buy: Buy $50 Shell Gift Cards For $45 (Plus & Total Members Only)​

• Buy $50 Shell gift card for $45 from Best Buy.
  • Direct link to offer.
  • Offer valid September 9-15, 2024.
  • Plus & Total members only.

Ibotta: Earn 8%-20% Cashback On Select Gift Cards (Airbnb, Fanatics, Adidas, Cabela’s & More)​

• Ibotta is offering increased cashback rates when buying the following gift cards in the app:
    • 20%
      • Fanatics
    • 15%
      • Adidas
      • Applebee’s
      • Big Lots
      • Cabela’s
      • Cinemark Theatres
      • Puma
      • Staples
      • Texas Roadhouse
      • Total Wine
    • 12%
      • Bath & Body Works
      • Chili’s
      • Domino’s
      • Kohl’s
      • PetSmart
      • Ulta Beauty
    • 9%
      • Airbnb
    • 8%
      • DoorDash
  • Expiry date unknown.
  • Limit $250 in purchases per rolling 24 hours.

Newegg: Buy $500 Carnival Gift Cards For $450 With Promo Code SSDW942​

• Buy $500 Carnival gift cards for $450 from Newegg when using promo code SSDW942.
  • Direct link to offer.
  • Expires September 10, 2024.
  • Limit 3.

10% off Carnival gift cards is a pretty good deal, although they’re available for 10% off through AARP Rewards every day of the week.
Pay with an Amex Business Gold card to earn 4x if this is one of your top two spending categories. There are also Newegg Citi Offers giving up to 2% back and Chase Offers giving 5% or 6% back, as well as a Newegg Amex Offer giving 2% back.

Neither. I was told they refunded the value of the 1 day comp ticket + taxes, in total I got $123. I didn’t question it as I was happy with anything back. Looking at records now this is less than a party ticket direct from Disney would have been as my ticket was $129 that night, however because I used a coupon on Viator I actually ended up a bit ahead.

Interesting, that definitely is a bit worrisome if you buy a ~$200 MNSSHP or MVMCP ticket as your "refund" would be a lot less than you paid. I wonder if they take that into consideration when issuing a refund or not.

did you go through RMN for those? Did they ever credit? I emailed them on my MVMCP and JN and got this response. "
Thanks for taking the time reaching out.

We’d love to help review this reservation further with you! To assist, the last thing we’ll need is something showing this stay has been completed. This can be an attachment showing a status update in the merchant's account or an email asking how your stay was."

Ibotta: Earn 8%-20% Cashback On Select Gift Cards (Airbnb, Fanatics, Adidas, Cabela’s & More)​

• Ibotta is offering increased cashback rates when buying the following gift cards in the app:
    • 20%
      • Fanatics
    • 15%
      • Adidas
      • Applebee’s
      • Big Lots
      • Cabela’s
      • Cinemark Theatres
      • Puma
      • Staples
      • Texas Roadhouse
      • Total Wine
    • 12%
      • Bath & Body Works
      • Chili’s
      • Domino’s
      • Kohl’s
      • PetSmart
      • Ulta Beauty
    • 9%
      • Airbnb
    • 8%
      • DoorDash
  • Expiry date unknown.
  • Limit $250 in purchases per rolling 24 hours.

In reference to Big Lots, they are filing for bankruptcy with media reports saying they plan to be acquired by another company. Not sure whether this would have any effect on Big Lots gift cards.

did you go through RMN for those? Did they ever credit? I emailed them on my MVMCP and JN and got this response. "

We’d love to help review this reservation further with you! To assist, the last thing we’ll need is something showing this stay has been completed. This can be an attachment showing a status update in the merchant's account or an email asking how your stay was."
you got further than I did, RMN is asking for an itemized receipt of the tix I bought that I can't seem to get from Viator... even though they said I should be able to get from viator.

I think so. Never credited. I wasn’t going to pursue as I’d rather keep prying eyes off my account and now I definitely won’t since I was ultimately refunded.

Interesting, that definitely is a bit worrisome if you buy a ~$200 MNSSHP or MVMCP ticket as your "refund" would be a lot less than you paid. I wonder if they take that into consideration when issuing a refund or not.
Eh, this was a pretty unique situation. How they handle the next could be completely different. Usually they’re able to run at least 1 parade and a Sanderson show completing the party as FL weather tends to come and go, not sit around and drench.

you got further than I did, RMN is asking for an itemized receipt of the tix I bought that I can't seem to get from Viator... even though they said I should be able to get from viator.
I sent them my email confirmation listing what I bought.
I think so. Never credited. I wasn’t going to pursue as I’d rather keep prying eyes off my account and now I definitely won’t since I was ultimately refunded.
I figure this is a legit purchase, not a gift card, so why not LOL. But yeah, now that you were refunded...

I sent them my email confirmation listing what I bought.

I figure this is a legit purchase, not a gift card, so why not LOL. But yeah, now that you were refunded...
so did I, but they can back with this:
I do apologize however we do base our cash back based off of the subtotal after sales and discounts and before taxes and fees. Which is why we need to be able to see these details.

If you contact Viator they do provide a itemized receipt.

so did I, but they can back with this:
I do apologize however we do base our cash back based off of the subtotal after sales and discounts and before taxes and fees. Which is why we need to be able to see these details.

If you contact Viator they do provide a itemized receipt.
interesting, they didn't ask me, mine does not show a breakdown either.

I have new Office Depot offers on a couple of my Chase cards, most are 5%, but one is:
Earn 10% cash back on all of your Office Depot purchases, until an $11.00 cash back maximum is reached. Expires on September 28, 2024.
Me too, but sadly not OD for hundreds of miles. I will be in Florida soon so maybe I will find one there🤷‍♀️🤞

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest