new departure port listed on the disneycruise website Port of Eemshaven, Netherlands

toontoy

Mouseketeer
I was looking for any last-minute cruise deals and noticed this new departure port listed on the website, Port of Eemshaven, Netherlands. I am curious about the new Europe itineraries this may bring

I saw this last night and the post cruise survey I received had a lot of questions about previous ports and destinations from itineraries not offered for 2025. I'm very curious.

I was looking for any last-minute cruise deals and noticed this new departure port listed on the website, Port of Eemshaven, Netherlands. I am curious about the new Europe itineraries this may bring
Very likely an alternative to Amsterdam for the 7-Night Northern European Cruise from Southampton Monday, September 1, 2025 on The Fantasy.

Amsterdam was badly disrupted this year by anti cruise protests, so it looks like Disney will be changing the itinerary for this cruise

It would make sense to replace Amsterdam as a port stop. What's interesting is that Eemshaven is listed as a departure port, not a port stop. "Rotterdam (Amsterdam)" is listed as a port of call and Amsterdam is not, though the Port Adventures dropdown (which is full of places the ships visited in the past but aren't planned to visit in the near future) lists both Rotterdam and Amsterdam. I don't know if that's new or if it's been there a while.

It would make sense to replace Amsterdam as a port stop. What's interesting is that Eemshaven is listed as a departure port, not a port stop. "Rotterdam (Amsterdam)" is listed as a port of call and Amsterdam is not, though the Port Adventures dropdown (which is full of places the ships visited in the past but aren't planned to visit in the near future) lists both Rotterdam and Amsterdam. I don't know if that's new or if it's been there a while.
Could it just be there for the initial journey for the Disney Treasure as it heads for the US?

Could it just be there for the initial journey for the Disney Treasure as it heads for the US?
Very unlikely. The crew and senior management all join a ship in the shipyard. The first transatlantic crossing from the ship yard to the the American home port is used as the final finish up of the setting up process.

Then when the ship gets to America, the first few sailings with passengers are call shake down cruises, friends and family, media etc, test cruises before the official maiden voyage with paying passengers.

Interesting port considering it is not really near a major airport (about 2 hour drive from Amsterdam, 3 and a half by train). Heerenveen is the only city of note to me nearby too.

Very unlikely. The crew and senior management all join a ship in the shipyard. The first transatlantic crossing from the ship yard to the the American home port is used as the final finish up of the setting up process.

Then when the ship gets to America, the first few sailings with passengers are call shake down cruises, friends and family, media etc, test cruises before the official maiden voyage with paying passengers.
The Treasure has already left the ship yard and is on her way to Eemshaven. That is where most of the crew will join the ship and where the ship will embark for the trip across the Atlantic.

Port of Eemshaven is only applicable to the Disney Treasure on the website. As previously stated that’s where it will be tomorrow morning after the river conveyance and subsequent sea trials.

For the Wish initial crossing there were select guests and media who were granted access to the ship for commercial filming, testing of certain functions/shows, etc.

Curiouser and curiouser…when you search for Transatlantic cruises under Destinations on the Disney Cruise website and choose 14 night, you will see a Westbound from Eemshaven to Port Canaveral on the Treasure. The only other stop is Funchal (Madeira), Portugal. No dates are listed. Is it possible DCL is about to offer bookings on a “pre-Maiden” shakedown cruise?

Curiouser and curiouser…when you search for Transatlantic cruises under Destinations on the Disney Cruise website and choose 14 night, you will see a Westbound from Eemshaven to Port Canaveral on the Treasure. The only other stop is Funchal (Madeira), Portugal. No dates are listed. Is it possible DCL is about to offer bookings on a “pre-Maiden” shakedown cruise?
Do you have a special friends of DCL website? 🤭

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest