New DDP 2018 Changes! Post your actual experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had lunch today at Via Napoli and all the alcoholic beverages in their menu are included in the DxDDP up to $16 including the beer flight.
I might be behind reading posts, but this is the first time I've heard of a flight being included. I was debating between coral reef and VN but I think you've helped make my decision :)

Of course, it's allowed! The servers didn't bat an eye and they can clearly see who's on the plan when they scanned my band. Although I wouldn't say it's the only reason I bought the plan. We had a lot of character buffets and one my kiddos can eat like an adult (although my DS13 is picky and eats like a child - go figure). But in occasions where a child, whether a 9 or 13 year old, ordered a kids meal at a non-buffet TS, I didn't waste a deluxe credit and paid OOP. It would be silly to do otherwise.
So you didnt pay childs dxdp price?

So you didnt pay childs dxdp price?

I paid child's price for the 2 children on my reservation and adult price for the other 3.

Since I have an idea of where this is going, I think it's prudent to quote a mod's post from earlier in this thread:

Stop w the judging. Making the best use of your meal plan is just good sense. If Disney wanted, they could and would change everything to child and adult credits. Unless and until they do, get the best value for your $$

At Flying Fish yesterday all cocktails, beers and most wines were included. I noticed that the ones that were NOT included were those over $19, and they were clearly marked.

Do you recall the adult beverage options at Ohana for Breakfast? Was it just mimosa and bloody mary?

I can't directly answer that as we all only asked for POG Mimosas but it's my inclination that you could get whatever cocktail you want, provided they sell it that early, bar open, etc.

At Flying Fish yesterday all cocktails, beers and most wines were included. I noticed that the ones that were NOT included were those over $19, and they were clearly marked.
On the menu I posted from Flying Fish, there were wines up to $21 included. Has that changed; did they lower the threshold?

On the menu I posted from Flying Fish, there were wines up to $21 included. Has that changed; did they lower the threshold?

The wines that were NOT included were cleared marked by an askeriks. I can’t remember what the highest dollar amount was but I recall there were one or two that were in the $21 range.

The wines that were NOT included were cleared marked by an askeriks. I can’t remember what the highest dollar amount was but I recall there were one or two that were in the $21 range.
I agree, and I posted photos of the menu on January 1st. But the person I quoted said the cut off was $19. I’m not sure if they were mistaken or if something changed.

I wanted our expirience from Raglan Road Saturday. I did not know much about quality of the food here. I was very pleased to find everything was good. My wife had the Shrimp in spicy broth, which was almost too spicy for most people. I had the smoked salmon with creme fraiche and capers. The salmon was perfect. I would have like more of a smoke flavor but still good. We both got alcoholic beverages with dinner. I had the Duvel Saison and she had a berry margarita. Both drinks were close to $15 each. They said every drink on the menu qualified for dining plan except the flights. I had the lollipop porkchop and wife had the fish and chips. Both were great. We both had dessert, but we got one to go. Overall, food was great and a good value with alcohol. Our total bill was over $130 for both or $65 per person which is a great value for one dining credit.

I just recently returned from Disney and had the DxDP. We were a party of nine with 2 reservations. The plan was put on one reservation with 3 adults and 2 kids. The other had no plan, all adults (well 2 real adults and 2 in Disney's eyes). As people have reported, credits were pooled and I had no problem whatsoever using credits for all the adults and paying OOP (when monetarily beneficial) for the kiddos. Further, the kiddos were almost always offered to order of the adult menu or get adult-sized portions of kid menu items.

Some highlights:

I found that contrary to what I was expecting and heard on here from earlier reports, I was advised by the server at almost every TS meal about the adults being able to get adult drinks. I'm guessing after doing it for a couple weeks it became part of their routine. The exceptions were breakfasts, Ohana, Boma, and Wave notably. However after asking we were able to get Mimosas (with POG at Boma and Ohana - Yum) or Bloody Mary's (or anything else for that matter).

I won't name where due to not wanting to get anyone in trouble but there were a couple occasions where the server didn't bother to segregate the seats and so second adult drinks ordered by the adults were "comped" by the plan. Both times I had a TIW ready to pay for the additional drinks and was told "no other charges, just the grat" (auto-grat party of 9). When I looked surprised she said, "I ran the plan and it took it, I didn't make the rules Disney did. I'm not about to separate that many seats." I know this isn't the norm (and wasn't) and only happened a couple times but thought it was worth mentioning.

California Grill brunch we were allowed to get a Bloody Mary in addition to the included Mimosas on the plan. That surprised me.

Tusker House ROL package we were offered adult drinks.

California Grill dinner any glass of wine/sparkling/champagne was included. Items you couldn't get were clearly marked (high end shots mostly).

The last night we couldn't eat much more food so used some credits at QS (Captain Cooks). We were allowed to take an unopened can of beer with each one.

In conclusion, in my experience it seemed like the servers were very laid back about giving the drinks or anything else for that matter. It makes sense to me as the more they allow on the plan the larger tip they'll get (especially in my case with parties of 9 and auto-grat). The other conclusion, I don't know how people can get the DxDP on one reservation. It was my first time ever on any DDP and my goodness was it so much food! We had a hard time sharing it across 2 reservations!

Thank you for posting your experience, good news about the California Grill Brunch-can't wait for Mother's Day even more now!

Is San Pellegrino available as an included dining plan beverage option now? ( at TS restaurants that have it? Like Chefs d France, Tutto, etc,)

Today at Kona Cafe the Lapu Lapu was NOT an option, neither the beer flight.

All other cocktails and beers were included. We don't drink wine so not sure about them.

We ate at Ale & Compass tonight. The adults (and 11 year old Disney adult) were able to order any beverage and any dessert. The child had to chose from standard drinks (no specialty drinks, not even child specialty drinks) and they had to pick their dessert off a child’s dessert list.

We ate at Ale & Compass tonight. The adults (and 11 year old Disney adult) were able to order any beverage and any dessert. The child had to chose from standard drinks (no specialty drinks, not even child specialty drinks) and they had to pick their dessert off a child’s dessert list.

Hmmm, interesting. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Very interesting how STRICT they seem to be getting on the regular DDP child's meals while still allowing DXDDP children to order anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter