New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

This was the latest answer from DLR Accessibility Services regarding my questions about bringing in food to Expo:

We have let the teams handling bag check know that we have multiple guests with specific dietary needs bringing their own food. They may ask simple questions about the food items, please be prepared to articulate why you need to be bringing the items with you.

Anyone know when the special announcement is supposed to take place? (There was going to be an announcement of a 'Walt Disney company surprise' that was going to be revealed today, and be on a panel for Saturday.

My husband told his co-worker that I'm a big Disney fan and that we're going to D23. The co-worker said "Is your wife 20?" Um, no. I'm 47. But now my insecure mind is over thinking this and I'm worried. There will be older people there too right?

Ignore them. I've not been to D23 myself but there are Disney fans of all ages and judging by pictures from previous years that's reflected at the event.

My husband told his co-worker that I'm a big Disney fan and that we're going to D23. The co-worker said "Is your wife 20?" Um, no. I'm 47. But now my insecure mind is over thinking this and I'm worried. There will be older people there too right?

We're around 50, though our daughter is 16. S definitely not all young people. Though I bet those that camp out all night skew younger, cause I ain't doing that stuff.

I've been thinking about attending D23 in a future year, but if you're not willing to wait in line all day, or for multiple days, can you still enjoy the convention? I went to SDCC for many years but stopped going because I was no longer willing to wait in line all night.

I've been thinking about attending D23 in a future year, but if you're not willing to wait in line all day, or for multiple days, can you still enjoy the convention? I went to SDCC for many years but stopped going because I was no longer willing to wait in line all night.
I know people who attend Expo for one day just to explore the show floor. They have a fun time. They spend one day at Expo and one or two days in the parks -- makes for a fun weekend.

We are a couple in our forties and we will be there!

I am either 23 or 56. I can’t remember so it must be 56 LOL. My youngest son is 23. So yes I think 56.

As others have said people of all ages...

:wizard:

Phew! Thanks guys! I dont know why my mind worries about everything like it does but I feel so much better now!

**This should be in the D23 thread - apologies!! I can't figure out how to move it or delete it****

Hi all and thanks for the info from all the previous posts. I'm staying in a hotel close to the convention center on Harbor and have a stage pass for one of the early panels in Hall D23. I'm trying to figure out where to exactly go to get in the stage pass line. I see Hall D23 on the map but not Hall E.

Can I walk from Harbor right over the convention center and just head towards the Hall D23 area or will I need to enter from Katella? It sounds like there are multiple security points (I haven't seen any info about where those exactly are) and I'm sure (or at least hope) there will be plenty of signs and people to help direct people. I should be able to check it out before I head there but am hoping to avoid wandering around very much trying to find the end of the line I'm supposed to be in.

Also really wondering how much earlier than one hour I will have to arrive to account for security so I'm hoping people who have stage passes for the Legends panel will report back their experiences! I know the first day is usually the roughest for these types of cons.

Last edited:
I have a reservation for 2 people at Oga’s at 5:30 today - Thursday. DS24 got sick and can’t come. So I am going solo (no pun intended LOL). If anyone here also solo to the Expo wants to get into Oga’s please send me a PM and we can arrange to meet.

:wizard:

Anyone know when the special announcement is supposed to take place? (There was going to be an announcement of a 'Walt Disney company surprise' that was going to be revealed today, and be on a panel for Saturday.

do we know what this is about yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter