New D23 Expo Superthread! (6/24/2019)

Exactly. I had walked in with it earlier and been fine. The second time around, no go. And if it isn't going to be allowed by the ACC, then D23 shouldn't be publishing it as allowed year after year in the guidelines. We'll see if I get a reply to my email.

You could also try to contact ACC and explain how security treated you in 2017 and your concerns. I’ve also seen responses from them regarding the dietary issues.

Same here. Also there was an expo app update for iOS yesterday to fix "some bugs to improve your overall app experience". Don't know if that had anything to do with it.

eta: Reservations just started showing up in the app! Badge activation screen still messed up, but it's a moot point now.

All 3 of mine! Ha! Reminds me of a song from the Clash :rotfl2:

I know they have made folding chairs of any variety prohibited. I'm reduced to a seating pad for comfort. Do you think they'll prohibit sleeping pads?

I'm just going to have to take my chances or our cheap folding stools, seating pads and inflatable pool pad/bed. Everything fits in a backpack. If forced to throw some or all of it away, then oh well. If I decided to not bring the chairs or inflatables, there is no doubt I'll see them in use, and the rules not enforced. That's just how my luck works.

D23 EXPO OVERNIGHT PARKING??
Does anyone know where you can park if you are going to wait in overnight lines. I live about 30 - 40 minutes away from the convention center and I'm thinking about waiting overnight for the Walt Disney Studios panel on Saturday but I don't know where I can park my car overnight. On the D23 site it says there is no overnight parking at the convention. Where can I get parking??

Everyone make sure to wear your LGMH (The Return of Lime Green Mickey Head for SWGE) so that the DISers can recognize each other and meet in person! We're like our own little tribe going to Expo! :)

I also received my reply from DLR Accessibility Services, but was told that I could bring in my own bottles of water. (It has to be a specific brand, since other brands can cause reactions and reflux, and I don't know ahead what brands are for sale inside the ACC.) Since I'm not looking forward to battling this out with the ACC security staff, I have asked for further instructions on what to do if/when my food and bottles of water are confiscated. Last Expo, the ACC bag check lead told me right in front of the D23 leads that he didn't care that the guidelines allowed me to bring in food and drink for medical needs. HE didn't allow it, so HE was going to throw the things away. So he did. And the D23 team just shrugged and said they couldn't stop it.

I have never heard of such an insane thing. I don't think my anger would be able to be contained. Sorry that happened to you. The problem with it being a convention is that pretty much everyone is temporary staff and it will be over in 3 days so no one really cares how someone is being treated.

For Pin collectors, be sure to stop by the Ryman Arts booth - from the Ryman Arts website:

Visit Ryman Arts at the Herbert Ryman: A Brush with Disney booth at D23 Expo all weekend!

Our booth will feature a limited edition Herbert D. Ryman pin that was created exclusively for D23 Expo guests.

Does anyone know where you can park if you are going to wait in overnight lines. I live about 30 - 40 minutes away from the convention center and I'm thinking about waiting overnight for the Walt Disney Studios panel on Saturday but I don't know where I can park my car overnight. On the D23 site it says there is no overnight parking at the convention. Where can I get parking??

That's a million dollar question. A lot of people are walking from their hotel, getting dropped off, or doing the ride share thing. I'm not aware of any lots that allow for overnight parking unless one pays for 48 hours of parking.

Your best bet is to Uber or Lyft from your home or drive closer to Disneyland and park in neighborhood without parking restrictions then take an Uber or Lyft. I personally got a hotel for the weekend to not deal with the driving.

I have never heard of such an insane thing. I don't think my anger would be able to be contained. Sorry that happened to you. The problem with it being a convention is that pretty much everyone is temporary staff and it will be over in 3 days so no one really cares how someone is being treated.

Me either. That is unacceptable.

Was just checking the app. The Disney music emporium now has the voice of Moana listed as signing on Saturday.

Anyone else figure out any celebrities signing at vendor booths?

Anyone else figure out any celebrities signing at vendor booths?
Signings at Magical Memories Galleries booth including Paige O'Hara and Don Hahn: https://www.disneyfineartgalleries....s-blog/d23-expo-the-ultimate-disney-fan-event

Artist signings at Dark Horse Comics booth : https://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/3015/d23-expo-2019-dark-horse-announces-convention-sign

And if you couldn't get a reservation for their signings at Talent Central, these artists will also be at Wonderground Gallery after expo hours:

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates! For Auli'i Cravalho, picture disc purchase is required at the Music Emporium. I don't see that same caveat for Paige O'Hara (books and art are listed but no purchase is required).

Can't remember if this has been listed or not, but Randy Newman is also signing from 11 to 12 on Sunday (Toy Story 4 CD and Princess and the Frog: The Songs picture disc purchase required).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter