New bus going directly from WL to MK!

Nik's Mom

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I read the following over on the WL thread on the resort board

"Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
Starting Sunday, November 14th (no posted end date), Disney Transport will be testing out a new route for the Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness.

Currently, there is a bus from the Transportation & Ticket Center to Wilderness Lodge, and Fort Wilderness. As of Sunday, this bus will no longer exist.

Instead, there will be DIRECT BUS SERVICE from Wilderness Lodge to the Magic Kingdom.

The Fort Wilderness "Orange" bus that would previously head to Wilderness Lodge and onto the Transportation & Ticket Center will now only head to the Wilderness Lodge.

Guests who wish to go to either of these resorts will need to use the Magic Kingdom as thier transfer point.

After the Magic Kingdom clears for the night, the original route will resume.

BOAT SERVICE WILL NOT CHANGE.

And most importantly, as of Sunday, THERE WILL BE NO DISNEY RESORT BUSES OF ANY KIND AT THE TRANSPORTATION & TICKET CENTER.

It should also be noted that, as a test, this is all subject to change at any time without notice. "

I'm posting this for our friends who use ECV's.

:jumping1:

It should be noted that at this current moment, the test has been postponed, with no new date given.

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
It should be noted that at this current moment, the test has been postponed, with no new date given.

Too bad, If you are in a powerchair or ECV the boat service ito MK s no good. Getting from WL to MK via TTC is a pain!

Happy Turkey day

Andrew

Originally posted by Andrew Bichard
Too bad, If you are in a powerchair or ECV the boat service ito MK s no good. Getting from WL to MK via TTC is a pain!

Happy Turkey day

Andrew

At this current time, the water levels allow for guests using ECVs or powerchairs to board the cruisers.

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
At this current time, the water levels allow for guests using ECVs or powerchairs to board the cruisers.

Current being the operative word.

What is the proportion of adequate/inadequate water levels throughout the year? Are there times of year when ECV/powerchair users should avoid Wilderness Lodge?

Throughout my only stay at WL (December 2000), I couldn't get my powerchair to MK by boat, though I did get to Contemporary because it has a floating dock. Why no floating dock at MK?

I am a DVC member at Villas Wilderness Lodge, but will never stay there unless this water level problem is solved or a direct alternative provided.

Andrew

It would be great if they could provide that bus service. It must be a big inconvenience for those with ECV's to not be able to use the boat service.

Originally posted by Andrew Bichard
Current being the operative word.

What is the proportion of adequate/inadequate water levels throughout the year? Are there times of year when ECV/powerchair users should avoid Wilderness Lodge?

Throughout my only stay at WL (December 2000), I couldn't get my powerchair to MK by boat, though I did get to Contemporary because it has a floating dock. Why no floating dock at MK?

I am a DVC member at Villas Wilderness Lodge, but will never stay there unless this water level problem is solved or a direct alternative provided.

Andrew

I know the Magic Kingdom does have a bi-level floating dock for the Cruisers, and I'm fairly sure (but not certain) that the WL does have one as well -- it at least appeared that way when I rode the boat on Tuesday.

No news as of yet. I go on vacation Wednesday for about a week and a half as Finals week approaches, so I'll be out of the loop during that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter