New blog on Tokyo Disney Resort

New Video!

Easter is being celebrated in Tokyo Disneyland! Egg, egg, egg! I visit the park to try out one of it's most creative food items for this season. Say hello to the Sausage, vegetable and egg pizza!

New Blog Post!

One of the most creative and daring dishes that Mickey has ever cooked up.

http://www.honorablerat.com/food-re...e-vegetable-and-egg-pizza-disneys-easter-2016
That sure looks really colorful and sounds (interestingly) delicious!

We were at Tokyo Disneyland on March 30th, enjoying Spring and Easter festivities there. We were only there for one day, and it was super duper crowded. Never seen crowds like that at any Disney theme park, EVER. We ended up eating at Grandma Sara's Kitchen for lunch and enjoyed it very much. One day (hopefully sooner rather than later), we will go back to Japan and explore both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea, preferably when is not during peak season.

That sure looks really colorful and sounds (interestingly) delicious!

We were at Tokyo Disneyland on March 30th, enjoying Spring and Easter festivities there. We were only there for one day, and it was super duper crowded. Never seen crowds like that at any Disney theme park, EVER. We ended up eating at Grandma Sara's Kitchen for lunch and enjoyed it very much. One day (hopefully sooner rather than later), we will go back to Japan and explore both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Sea, preferably when is not during peak season.

Grandma Sara's is one of my fav restaurants in TDR. You visited during Spring Vacation and I always try to avoid that time. The parks are filled with students!!! By the way, you didn't go to DisneySea?! You have to come back!

Grandma Sara's is one of my fav restaurants in TDR. You visited during Spring Vacation and I always try to avoid that time. The parks are filled with students!!! By the way, you didn't go to DisneySea?! You have to come back!

My younger DD's school's concert band was invited to perform at the Hamamatsu Festival, so we traveled with the band to Japan. We spend 4 days in Hamamatsu, then 4 days in Tokyo. We didn't have much flexibility and had only one day at Tokyo Disneyland, which was March 30th. I wanted to go to DisneySea, but unfortunately, I had an "accident" the day before going to TDL, and I wasn't able to walk very well. A teenager abandoned his skateboard at the top of the stairs (probably lost his balance), but his skateboard came barreling down and hit me in my leg, causing me to fall. This happened at Odaiba, between the two shopping malls. I was so disappointed I couldn't enjoy TDL more, as I was hoping to go to both parks, but the injury kept me from doing much. Not that I could have done too much more, since the park was so crowded! So YES, I have to make another trip to Japan to enjoy TDL and TDS! :D

My younger DD's school's concert band was invited to perform at the Hamamatsu Festival, so we traveled with the band to Japan. We spend 4 days in Hamamatsu, then 4 days in Tokyo. We didn't have much flexibility and had only one day at Tokyo Disneyland, which was March 30th. I wanted to go to DisneySea, but unfortunately, I had an "accident" the day before going to TDL, and I wasn't able to walk very well. A teenager abandoned his skateboard at the top of the stairs (probably lost his balance), but his skateboard came barreling down and hit me in my leg, causing me to fall. This happened at Odaiba, between the two shopping malls. I was so disappointed I couldn't enjoy TDL more, as I was hoping to go to both parks, but the injury kept me from doing much. Not that I could have done too much more, since the park was so crowded! So YES, I have to make another trip to Japan to enjoy TDL and TDS! :D

Oh no! Are you feeling better now? That sounds terrible. How was your DD's show at the Hamamatsu Festival? That must have been a proud parent moment. Next time, you are here, avoid skateboarders and head to DS! You will love DS. It's just so so beautiful!

New Video!

Mickey has been getting creative with his food offerings this Easter. This time, I tried the Pancake Sandwich Set from Tokyo Disneyland. I hope that you guys will enjoy this video. If you do, please give it a thumbs up. Appreciate it. Arigatou gozaimasu!

Oh no! Are you feeling better now? That sounds terrible. How was your DD's show at the Hamamatsu Festival? That must have been a proud parent moment. Next time, you are here, avoid skateboarders and head to DS! You will love DS. It's just so so beautiful!
My DD's high school symphonic winds band performed at both the Hamamatsu train station and the concert hall. Both performances were wonderful! It was indeed a proud parent moment! However, I must say that the Japan bands were amazing! I hate to admit it, but I was glad that my DD's school band was not being critiqued, since they were a guest band. :p

As for my injury, I'm almost back to normal now. When I got home, I decided to see my doctor, since my leg/ankle wasn't healing as quickly as I wanted to. Apparently, the injury was more serious than I initially thought, and he sent me to physical therapy, which has been helping a lot! I wanted to heal as quickly as I could, since we'll be heading to WDW in a little over a month. I need to get back into my walking routine, to prepare for that trip! :)

I really wish I was aware of your blog, BEFORE I went to TDL. But now I can study it for a future trip! Thank you for taking the time to provide all the info! I will definitely have to avoid skateboarders and head to both TDL and TDS the next time around!

:thanks:

My DD's high school symphonic winds band performed at both the Hamamatsu train station and the concert hall. Both performances were wonderful! It was indeed a proud parent moment! However, I must say that the Japan bands were amazing! I hate to admit it, but I was glad that my DD's school band was not being critiqued, since they were a guest band. :p

As for my injury, I'm almost back to normal now. When I got home, I decided to see my doctor, since my leg/ankle wasn't healing as quickly as I wanted to. Apparently, the injury was more serious than I initially thought, and he sent me to physical therapy, which has been helping a lot! I wanted to heal as quickly as I could, since we'll be heading to WDW in a little over a month. I need to get back into my walking routine, to prepare for that trip! :)

I really wish I was aware of your blog, BEFORE I went to TDL. But now I can study it for a future trip! Thank you for taking the time to provide all the info! I will definitely have to avoid skateboarders and head to both TDL and TDS the next time around!

:thanks:

Thanks so much for those kind words. I travel to the parks quite a lot and enjoy writing, so why not share? :) I hope that you will find some information in there that will help with traveling to TDR in the future.

I'm glad to hear that you are getting better. Rest, rest, rest up for your trip to WDW. I hope that you will fully recover by then. I really wanna visit WDW in the near future with my kids. 4 theme parks. I'm gonna have to head to the gym to prepare for that. Gonna put on a lot of weight from eating over there!

I'm glad to hear that the performance went well. Japanese bands or anything for that matter are really good. They practice a lot. It's a little bit like the military in that aspect. However, everything is by the book though. If you were to ask them to freestyle, game over!

Once again, thanks for those kind words. I hope that you will recover soon! Enjoy WDW!!!

Thanks so much for those kind words. I travel to the parks quite a lot and enjoy writing, so why not share? :) I hope that you will find some information in there that will help with traveling to TDR in the future.

I'm glad to hear that you are getting better. Rest, rest, rest up for your trip to WDW. I hope that you will fully recover by then. I really wanna visit WDW in the near future with my kids. 4 theme parks. I'm gonna have to head to the gym to prepare for that. Gonna put on a lot of weight from eating over there!

I'm glad to hear that the performance went well. Japanese bands or anything for that matter are really good. They practice a lot. It's a little bit like the military in that aspect. However, everything is by the book though. If you were to ask them to freestyle, game over!

Once again, thanks for those kind words. I hope that you will recover soon! Enjoy WDW!!!
Thank YOU for your well wishes, and we certainly will enjoy our WDW trip! Hope you get to take your family to WDW soon! :mickeyjum

Last edited:
Site update!

These are the new blog posts for last week!

Combination plate from Miguel's El Dorado Cantina: http://www.honorablerat.com/food-review/2016/4/15/combination-plate

Casbah Food Court's 15th Anniversary Special Set: http://www.honorablerat.com/food-review/2016/4/18/casbah-food-court-15th-anniversary-set

Sausage, Vegetable & Egg Pizza (Disney's Easter 2016): http://www.honorablerat.com/food-re...e-vegetable-and-egg-pizza-disneys-easter-2016

Pancake Sandwich (Disney's Easter 2016): http://www.honorablerat.com/food-review/2016/4/26/pancake-sandwich-fried-chicken

Hope you guys enjoy reading the posts and watching the videos. It would help a lot if you could like the blog posts or give the videos a thumbs up if you do enjoy them. Cheers.

Site update!

New blog updates for the week (May 2nd to May 6th)

Videos

Tokyo Disneyland's Picnic Area:

Alice in Wonderland Cookie Cutters:

Blog Updates

Strawberry Mousse Cake with Souvenir Casserole: http://www.honorablerat.com/food-re...e-with-souvenir-casserole-disneys-easter-2016

Beef Pastrami and Pumpkin Salad: http://www.honorablerat.com/food-review/2016/4/29/salad-at-grandma-saras

Easter 2016 Set at Grandma Sara's Kitchen: http://www.honorablerat.com/food-review/2016/4/29/special-set-at-grandma-saras-disneys-easter-2016

Hope you guys enjoy reading the posts and watching the videos. It would help a lot if you could like the blog posts or give the videos a thumbs up if you do enjoyed them. Cheers.

I had that Special Set at Grandma Sara's Kitchen when we were at TDL! I didn't realize it was an Easter special. I'm glad I tried it! Looks like I enjoyed it more than you did! The only thing I disliked was the scrambled eggs. Japan style scrambled eggs is not really prepared the way I like them (too creamy). I am a salad person, so I liked having the mini salad! I agree the chicken was delicious! Overall, it was a great meal for me, although my DH had to finish off most of it, since I'm not a big eater. :P

I had that Special Set at Grandma Sara's Kitchen when we were at TDL! I didn't realize it was an Easter special. I'm glad I tried it! Looks like I enjoyed it more than you did! The only thing I disliked was the scrambled eggs. Japan style scrambled eggs is not really prepared the way I like them (too creamy). I am a salad person, so I liked having the mini salad! I agree the chicken was delicious! Overall, it was a great meal for me, although my DH had to finish off most of it, since I'm not a big eater. :P

That's so true about the eggs. Come to think of it, I've never had good scrambled eggs in Japan, but then again, I don't really see a lot of scrambled eggs on the menu in restaurants here. I'm glad you liked the set overall. Thanks for reading and more to come! I guess leaving the leftovers to the husband is a worldwide thing. I often get that too!!! Hahaha!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter