Nervous about Norovirus

Just remember all disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizers are not created equally. Make sure to look for ones that specifically say noro. I believe wet ones work for noro as I carried them last trip just in case I wasn't near a restroom.

I couldn't agree more! I do need to face the bigger issue here which is my serious phobia of germs/throwing up! It's gotten so out of hand!
You don't want something like that to define you and control your life. I have no idea how to get over something like that, but I'm sure there are people that can help you. You definitely don't want to get addicted to anxiety meds. I see way to much of that as a nurse. Good luck. Enjoy your cruise.

@Ofinn thankfully I'm on Sertraline which doesn't make me feel weird and you can't get addicted to it...I know what you mean about people getting addicted to other types of anxiety meds like Xanax or Valium though!!

I honestly need to see a therapist about it...I've been a hypochondriac my whole life but the older I get the worse it gets and you're right I can't let it control my life!! And it's honestly started to which is scary!

Been on 9 Disney cruises and never had a problem. A friend of mine who has never been on a cruise got norovirus on land at home from someone else (who had also not been on a cruise ever). It's present in many locations, it just gets reported more frequently on cruises and can spread quickly in confined areas so tends to make the news more than unconnected incidents in normal life. Lots of other posters have given good advice. I wouldn't worry.

@Ofinn thankfully I'm on Sertraline which doesn't make me feel weird and you can't get addicted to it...I know what you mean about people getting addicted to other types of anxiety meds like Xanax or Valium though!!

I honestly need to see a therapist about it...I've been a hypochondriac my whole life but the older I get the worse it gets and you're right I can't let it control my life!! And it's honestly started to which is scary!
The first step is realizing you have an issue. Good luck to you. I wish you the best.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest