need tips on driving from sc

That late at night, you can probably go straight through. In the morning, if you are then heading south, you will be against traffic. I don't know exit numbers though - Is that Philips Hwy (can't remember any hotels) or Baymeadows Rd?

I can't believe there are so many people from SC that use this board!!!

We went to WDW last year at Easter (I know we were just stupid!) we left about 1:30 - was worried about Jax traffic but didn't have a problem. We got into Orlandi about 10:30 pm and absolutley no traffic! This past Jan we drove to Port Canaveral for the cruise and went thru Jax at about 4:00pm. I think we were just ahead of rush hour. Between 4 & 6 is going to be conjestion on any major highways in large cities.

We are heading back to Orlando at the end of May and are travelling on Sunday. We are anticipating getting to Orlando around 3pm. I hope traffic won't be too bad, Sunday is usually a heavy travel day but we are going Memorial Day weekend (hoping people are travelling Friday and Monday!)

Could anyone help me out here?

I've planning way ahead, but before I read this thread I thought about leaving early Saturday morning during Thanksgiving weekend from Atlanta to WDW--is that just a really bad idea? I've never been to Florida before so I have no idea what traffic will be like.

Thanks!

FFerrett,

Wednesday and Sunday will be terrible days, but most people are more or less where they want to be on Saturday, so it shouldn't be all that bad.

How long does it take to drive to WDW from Myrtle Beach? We will be going to MB for a week after our WDW stay.

We also live in the upstate. We take 85 to Lavonia, GA. Drop down through Ila to Athens to Madison to Monticello (take one exit up on I20 as you cross) and head down towards Macon through Juliet on 83 I think. We connect back up with I-75 in North Macon at the Riverside exit and head down. Once we get near Orlando, we take the road through Clermont instead of heading all the way down to I-4. I know that may seem round about to you, but we never hit Gwinnett/Atlanta/285 traffic and we don't have to worry with beach traffic or Jacksonville traffic or race traffic. We never hit any snarls. If we drove straight through (which we can't seem to do), it would take us about 9 hours. My parents live in Columbia and tried 75 their last trip instead of 95. Only added about 20 minutes to their trip and saved lots of headache.

If you need more specifics about great rest stops, hotels along the way, or specific road numbers, just let us know.

hey lynnipooh, it takes us about 8 hours including one twenty
minute stop, if we don't run into a major traffic jam. but i must
add that my husband has a lead foot (usually going 85+mph).
it is a very easy drive, we go out of mb on hwy 9 since we live
on the north end of the beach, and are on 95 within an hour.
hope this helps!!

Hey Jsbl24, I am in Little River, SC!!! How weird is that!!! The funniest thing is that my husband drives 85+ as well!!! So I am with ya sis, LOL! We are taking HWY 22 to 501 then to I-95. You must be like some of the people we hook up with on 95. We stick with those who are speeding, LOL. Well happy traveling and maybe I will see you around.:smooth:

We're in Columbia, SC, and go by way of Atlanta to 75 and down through Clermont straight to Kissimmee - avoid Jacksonville and Orlando traffic. We can handle Atlanta traffic if you hit it at the right time, but Jacksonville is a problem any time of day or night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter