Need some answers and help plz.

ltlmiracle

Earning My Ears
My husband is currently on the program and is having a terrible time sleeping. They were told they can put anything over the windows to block the sun. Problem is that he works the midnight to nine am shift and can't get to sleep when he gets home. So, he is getting very lttle sleep. Does anyone know if there are acceptions made to this rule?

Also his bed squeaks so bad that he is thinking of taking the frame apart and just putting the mattress on the floor. Can he do that or will he get fined? Also do youknow if they have mattresses for tall people? His feet hang over the edge of the bed.

It sucks to talk to him each night because he is so frustrated and tired. Plus he becomes forgetful when he becomes exhausted. I just don't know what to tell him.

Thank you for any suggestions you can give.
~Melissa~

Has he tried a sleeping mask?
As for the bed problems, he should try talking to housing. I don't know what they'll be able to do, but they're your best bet for finding solutions to his problems.
Good luck :)

He can move the furniture around - I don't know if he angles his bed differently, if that would get him out of the sun? It would just need to be put back at the end, but if the Housing folks give him trouble about it, he can explain the situation. Maybe same for the curtains.

During my first program i had a squeaky bed, i called the front desk and they had another bed out to me within 2 days. I take Melatonin (3mg pills from the supplement section at walmart) to help me get to sleep at a decent hour (midnight instead of 5am) and it might help him.

My roommates bed was noisy too. He called and asked for a replacement and they brought him a new one the next day for free.

I worked night shift for years. Sounds weird and looks worse but I use to wear a knit ski type cap and pull it over my eyes. Worked great and didn't leave marks like the sleeping mask.

I second the melatonin. They sell it in the vitamin aisle. It helps you start a normal sleeping pattern. Eyemasks, etc. is also a good idea.

As for the squeaky bed... You can tell your husband to put in a work order for it. They'll either replace the bed or have someone come in and fix it.

I had about three or four comforters on my mattress and I had bed raisers. My comforters kind of absorbed the noise :/

It's not the bed frame that squeaks its the mattress itself, buy padding and it will get quieter. I'm guessing he just started, he'll get used to those hours soon. During my cp I would go to bed till 7 or 8 am

I am here now and OH MY GOSH THOSE BEDS! :scared1:

Everytime I sit on it or move in the slightest it sounds like someone is passing gas!

for the mattress i just put an extra sheet between it and the boxsprings, it worked wonders.

I hung a curtain in my window... as long as it's like a tension rod and not something you need to put holes in the wall for, he should be fine. I never got in trouble for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter