Need help with Nassau plans...quick

mollyjo

Earning My Ears
I am trying to plan our day in Nassau. We were there on the 4-day last year and went to Blue Lagoon--won't need to do that again. I would like to possibly visit Atlantis--at least the big aquarium, but with chilldren ages, 6, 9 and 11, we can't do a long walking tour. The pools sound fun at Atlantis but we are going to Typhoon Lagoon when we get off the cruise, so I don't know if it's worth the time or money--I would love other people's input on what they have done that has been successful--right now I'm leaning toward staying on the ship and possibly just getting off to shop a little.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks--MJ

Atlantis is beautiful BUT lots of walking no matter what you decide to do. My kids love it by they are a bit older (18 and 12). You can always ferry or taxi over to Paradise Island, see the hotel on the inside (won't be able to get to the beach, aquarium, pools due to securty) but the grounds and yachts are awesome to see for free, there are some nice little shops across from Atlantis by the Comfort Suites and then ferry/taxi back to Nassau. It is absolutely a sight to see but your kids may find the day a bit repetitive if you are doing a water park later -- not to mention the expense. Hope this helps.

We're also facing the same dilema. We're on the 4-day WONDER cruise starting this Sunday (May 11). We've got two kids (DS 12, DD 9). We've never been on a cruise before, so I'm inclined to just stay onboard and enjoy the ship in Nassau (other than a short trip ashore for shopping at the straw market). We may take a taxi to PI to walk through Atlantis area, but I'm not sure if it is worth the hassle. I'm sure if we went to PI, we'd be glad we did. But if we stay onboard, we'll most likely enjoy that almost as much. From what I've heard, the public beaches around Nassau are nice, but not spectacular. I think I'll just wait and see how we feel when we get there.

Originally posted by mollyjo
I am trying to plan our day in Nassau. We were there on the 4-day last year and went to Blue Lagoon--won't need to do that again. I would like to possibly visit Atlantis--at least the big aquarium, but with chilldren ages, 6, 9 and 11, we can't do a long walking tour. The pools sound fun at Atlantis but we are going to Typhoon Lagoon when we get off the cruise, so I don't know if it's worth the time or money--I would love other people's input on what they have done that has been successful--right now I'm leaning toward staying on the ship and possibly just getting off to shop a little.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks--MJ

You can do the aquarium without the tour. Catch a cab to Atlantis and if you go early enough you can be back to the ship by lunch. Cost is about $25 per adult and $18 per child. Someone can correct me on it.

We were at Atlantis early and after lunch we enjoy some games and movies on the ship. As for the Atlantis pools, we did not do it because our 2 DS were not that interested.

Hope this helps

My family will also be on the May 11 cruise. For the day in Nassau we are spending it at the Atlantis Hotel. We booked a room at the Comfort Suites, so our DD 21 and DS 13 can have access to the pools and slides at the Atlantis. We also have done the Blue Lagoon in the past and we enjoyed, but this time we were looking for something different. My DH & DS are really interested in renting a wave runner, but still undecided.

Hope this helps you out :)

When we went last summer we stayed on board the ship. Don't regret that decision one bit. DS (then 4.5) stayed in the club while dh & I explored the ship and went for a spa treatment. We did get off the ship in the afternoon but just to take pictures of it from the dock.

Next time we go - summer of '04 - we will do the same.

Kelli

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter