Need best plan for MK to WL , and back to CSR

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
I am trying to map out the best way to get to WL from MK for our 7pm dinner PSat Whispering Canyon.
I do know that on this night MK will be open untill 8pm...........so, will taking the boat be our best option to WL?

After dinner we will need to get back to our resort, CSR.

Any feedback?

Thankyou
Chris

From MK to WL there is a direct boat from the MK Marina which is right outside the MK gate, so take the boat to WL. Getting back to CSR requires, if using Disney busses for you to go to a park or Downtown Disney first and switch busses at one of those. Depending on time you leave WL, you may be able to return by the same boat to MK -- if MK closes at 8, that really means it does not close until close to 9 (rides and attractions stop at 8, Main Street stores remain open for usually another hour. Thus boats to MK will still be running till then and bus from MK to CSR will still be running till then. Second option is to take bus from WL to Epcot and switch there to bus to CSR -- Epcot remains open to 9 officially but that is when Illuminations starts and thus is really open to almost 10 before the masses depart. Other two but slower options are to take bus from WL to MGM (if still open), or to Downtown Disney, and switch at either of those.

Fastest way for about $12 is to take a cab from WL which are available through valet services which are right outside the main entrance door to WL. Cab trip from WL to CSR takes 15 minutes or less. Those trips back mentioned above using Disney transportation can often take 1 to 1 1/2 hours combined traveling and waiting time.

Originally posted by drusba

Fastest way for about $12 is to take a cab from WL which are available through valet services which are right outside the main entrance door to WL. Cab trip from WL to CSR takes 15 minutes or less. Those trips back mentioned above using Disney transportation can often take 1 to 1 1/2 hours combined traveling and waiting time.

Thankyou for such a great response drusba!!!

If we do take the cab back to CSR, will the cab driver take us to our specific CSR building area, or just to front drop off area?

Chris

...would be to take the ferry (or bus) to the TTC and catch a bus to CSR from there!;)

As to the above post, there is no ferry to the TTC from WL and there is no bus from the TTC to CSR (the only resorts that have a bus that goes to and from the TTC are WL and FW). I believe the cad driver takes you to the building of your request within CSR, although I am not sure of that (they did so at CBR when we stayed there).

Originally posted by kimmar067
...would be to take the ferry (or bus) to the TTC and catch a bus to CSR from there!;)

There is no bus to CSR from the TTC. The TTC only has transportation to the MK Resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter