Need advice on renting an ECV for my visit next month

I have also used Cloud of Goods, in California, and they were excellent. We also have rented strollers from them.

WE have used Randy's Mobility 3 times. We always dealt with Eddie and he was very helpful and easy to get along with. The first time, the scooter we got was in really good shape and we had no problems. The second time, the battery had problems and lost power in the middle of Epcot; and we had to push/pull it/coast with it all the way back to the entrance to meet Eddie so he could switch out the batteries. We lost 2.5-3 hours and missed our dining reservations and our fast passes, and our group had to go on without us. We did give them another chance the next trip, and actually rented 2 scooters that time; they worked out fine. I wouldn't have a problem using them again. They did seem a bit less expensive than the other companies. They are not a featured vendor, however, and in case you DO have problems, it may be really difficult to get service or a replacement if you are in the parks. I think we were told that the featured vendors are allowed to enter the parks to address any issues, whereas the non-featured ones are only allowed to meet you outside the entrance. Something to consider.

They are not a featured vendor, however, and in case you DO have problems, it may be really difficult to get service or a replacement if you are in the parks. I think we were told that the featured vendors are allowed to enter the parks to address any issues, whereas the non-featured ones are only allowed to meet you outside the entrance. Something to consider.

I asked Walker Mobility about this, as they're not a featured vendor, and they told me they WERE allowed to enter the parks. Not sure if that's correct, but if not, it IS something to consider, especially since I'll be solo. Now I'm rethinking my decision to go with Gold Mobility. I just hope nothing goes wrong!

I have used Walker and Apple both were good. Apple had to come into Epcot near Soarin since it broke going up the ramp. I like three wheel ones. Last year I purchased my own which is great. Most of the bus drivers are very helpful. Many have helped put the scooter in the spot on the bus. I always keep mine in the room even when I rented one. We have stayed at Jambo many times in 1 and 2 bedroom and even once we were in a studio with 4 people and the scooter, but that trip was only for 3 nights and we always had enough space for it. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter