need a little bit of help

heyhowdyhey

Mouseketeer
so i know that the cp website says you cannot transfer or change your role. but im here already checked in and i hate my role. im bell services dispatch my back hurts from carrying heavy luggage. and i really wanna transfer to attractions becuase that is where i wanna go when i stay with the company. and i dont wanna hurt my back you know. soo i talked to my college recruiter person and they said to talk to my manager so i did and they said to talk to my cordinator orf training. so i did that too and they said to have my manager fill out a transfer paper and it might get approved or it might not. does anybody know what the process is after that. because i dont want to hurt my back by lifting luggage for 6 months.

Not an official reply by any means, but it can happen. One of my friends on my CP transferred shortly after starting. (Then again, he memorized the entire Safari spiel on his own time to prove he wanted a transfer, so there's that...) I'd keep pestering the manager and stress things like providing a better service to the guests in another role and your concern about your back. Don't whine, but don't sound like you're just giving up on a role.

There was someone in my department who managed to transfer as well but my department was really odd and different from a lot of CP areas. We were hired under "Transportation" in terms of CP role checklists but were in an "Attractions" department where everyone but us was classified under attractions. She was really unhappy with our department and was not comfortable driving the boats, esp. since they weren't on a track, and was able to be transferred into an attraction role since it was still within our department. I think it really depends on your managers and how willing they are to go to bat for you. In that regard I was really lucky because they helped us a lot. I even managed to get almost two weeks off to go home when my grandma passed away which really shocked my recruiter now.

My manager wants me to transfer he is super fine with it. Its the recruiters now that are making it hard for me!

I would try going to casting to see if anyone there can help you. The CP recruiters mostly deal with everything before you get there, casting takes care of things after you're there. They would be able to tell you if there's any way to transfer roles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter