Need 2-2 bedroom AKV Value rooms for Christmas 2019

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I only have enough points when banking and borrowing for value rooms.... I own at AKV.. am I going to have trouble booking this at 11 months?

There are only 10 Value 2-Bedrooms available and they are very popular. Also, they are lock-offs, so they can be reserved as a studio & a 1-bedroom.

There are only 10 Value 2-Bedrooms available and they are very popular. Also, they are lock-offs, so they can be reserved as a studio & a 1-bedroom.
So, I would still reserve 2 bed room though, right? Or should I try reserve 1 bed and studio? Looks like I need to learn to walk....

So, I would still reserve 2 bedroom though, right?
Yes.

Or should I try reserve 1 bed and studio?
If you reserve the studio and 1-bedroom separately, there's no guarantee you will get connecting units. Booking these separately will also require more points than booking the 2-bedroom.

Yes.

If you reserve the studio and 1-bedroom separately, there's no guarantee you will get connecting units. Booking these separately will also require more points than booking the 2-bedroom.
OK, makes sense.. I will try for this and I just figured out I can make a 2 bed dedicated and 1 bedroom work if I have to..... Thanks so much!

The point of mentioning that they’re all lockoffs demonstrates that people who want to book value studios* will also be competing with you for those rooms. There are 8 dedicated studios and 10 two-bedroom lockoffs. For each studio that gets book after 8, a two-bedroom becomes a one-bedroom. You’ll be competing with everyone else who is booking any type of value room. For December, at 11 months, you’ll probably get one room, but I doubt you’ll get the second.

Walking may not be a good option. If you have to borrow all your points, what happens if you can’t get the days you need? Or if you have to walk over a weekend or a change in season?

*people booking one bedrooms will also be competing, but those tend to have less demand.

The point of mentioning that they’re all lockoffs demonstrates that people who want to book value studios* will also be competing with you for those rooms. There are 8 dedicated studios and 10 two-bedroom lockoffs. For each studio that gets book after 8, a two-bedroom becomes a one-bedroom. You’ll be competing with everyone else who is booking any type of value room. For December, at 11 months, you’ll probably get one room, but I doubt you’ll get the second.

Walking may not be a good option. If you have to borrow all your points, what happens if you can’t get the days you need? Or if you have to walk over a weekend or a change in season?

*people booking one bedrooms will also be competing, but those tend to have less demand.
Great point about walking, I have no idea how that works... I am new, but it sounds like I couldn't do it... I will just try and see what I can get at 11 months, back up plan is standard 1 bed and 2 bedroom.... I have enough points for those!! We can sleep people more comfortably in dedicated 2 bedroom anyway... may work out better.

You might consider a transfer in of AKV points to be able to book 2 2BR standard views for that trip. At the worst, if you did get 1 or 2 value rooms you just wouldn't have to borrow as many points.

You might consider a transfer in of AKV points to be able to book 2 2BR standard views for that trip. At the worst, if you did get 1 or 2 value rooms you just wouldn't have to borrow as many points.
OK, so pay someone to transfer some points to me? Sorry, I am still learning!!

OK, so pay someone to transfer some points to me? Sorry, I am still learning!!

Yes, that's what I was referring to.

If it's an event where you need more points than you normally use it's a way to get more points and have the 11 months booking window. You usually have to call in to use transferred points unless they happened to be the same UY and home resort as where you owned and were just loaded into your existing contract though. But even if you couldn't use them online you'd be able to go online at 8am of your 11 month window and book most of the nights and then call later and add the remaining nights using the transferred points.

Yes, that's what I was referring to.

If it's an event where you need more points than you normally use it's a way to get more points and have the 11 months booking window. You usually have to call in to use transferred points unless they happened to be the same UY and home resort as where you owned and were just loaded into your existing contract though. But even if you couldn't use them online you'd be able to go online at 8am of your 11 month window and book most of the nights and then call later and add the remaining nights using the transferred points.
OK, great! thanks so much... hard to believe I am worried about a trip that is 2 years away!

Getting one value 2BR will itself be difficult, getting 2 may take a miracle. And be aware the real issue is the studios not necessarily the 2BRs. All the 2BRs are lock-offs, meaning combined studio and 1BR. It is those reserving studios that fill the rooms quickest and once the studios are gone, the 2BRs are also gone. For that time of year, value studios (and thus also 2BRs) have a real risk of disappearing within seconds after the 11 month window opens for any paritcular day at 8 a.m. eastern online. The standard view 2BRs are usually open well past the 11 month window.

Getting one value 2BR will itself be difficult, getting 2 may take a miracle. And be aware the real issue is the studios not necessarily the 2BRs. All the 2BRs are lock-offs, meaning combined studio and 1BR. It is those reserving studios that fill the rooms quickest and once the studios are gone, the 2BRs are also gone. For that time of year, value studios (and thus also 2BRs) have a real risk of disappearing within seconds after the 11 month window opens for any paritcular day at 8 a.m. eastern online. The standard view 2BRs are usually open well past the 11 month window.
Sounds like it! I am pretty much changing my plans for a standard 2 bedroom and 1 bed at kidani.... I had no idea there were so few value rooms...

If you go with standard, I suggest Kidani. Whether dedicated or lock off, you get 3 bathrooms.
Agree! I am now planning 2 bedroom at kidani and 1 bedroom... we can make that work..should be able to get that no problem and i have enough points! Less stress.... just hope the rooms can be close to each other... wish had enough points for GV....

I had no luck getting a 2 bedroom value for dates in October 2018 right at 11 months. A week or so later I checked for new dates right at 8am with the online booking tool and was able to snag a 2 bedroom value for 6 nights. I booked a one bedroom value for the first night, and waitlisted the 2 bedroom value. We'll just arrange for our guests to come in a day later if the WL doesn't come through.
I wasn't expecting it to be that hard but sure enough....
One bedroom value has open availability for most of October. A one bedroom value club level just opened up for the week but 300 points is too many points to me!

I had no luck getting a 2 bedroom value for dates in October 2018 right at 11 months. A week or so later I checked for new dates right at 8am with the online booking tool and was able to snag a 2 bedroom value for 6 nights. I booked a one bedroom value for the first night, and waitlisted the 2 bedroom value. We'll just arrange for our guests to come in a day later if the WL doesn't come through.
I wasn't expecting it to be that hard but sure enough....
One bedroom value has open availability for most of October. A one bedroom value club level just opened up for the week but 300 points is too many points to me!
Wow, well I am glad you got it! I will shoot for it but I have a back up plan.... so I feel better now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter