neck fans for dealing with florida heat?

I bought this one last year when we decided to go in July and it works GREAT! It's a little bulkier, but it's light so I don't notice it. The metal plate at the neck is always cool, even if I don't turn on the cooling feature. And the fan has three speeds that I can adjust as needed. I don't turn it on until I need it, and make sure to turn it off when I go indoors. I typically only turn the cooling plate on for 5 or 10 minutes at a time as it gets cold FAST and retains the cool for a long time. I've never had it die on me, but if I did, you can plug a USB charger into it (like a Fuel Rod) and it would work while charging.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VGSHQ79/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This is a great thread - anyone have suggestions on good UV umbrellas? We are a family of 5 going with another family of 5 - so 10 bulky umbrellas would probably not be good :-)

Also - any good suggestions for neck towels?

We were at Universal for 2 days and Disney for one day this past week. We had 3 umbrellas for the 3 of us in the bag and needed them each day for rain. It was overcast (but still very hot and muggy) but I still used mine for shade when the sun popped out. It was a life saver.

One of the umbrellas was a UV umbrella. I felt like it was mildly better, but not amazingly so. But our others were navy, so did a good job at blocking the sun.

I wouldn't go in the summer without an umbrella of some sort in my bag.

I have bought the Mission cooling hat and cooling towels. I heard good reviews. I’ll be trying them out before our trip to DW.

I first saw one of those neck fans at the grocery store. A check out clerk was wearing one. Now a few more clerks have them too. I said right then and there I will have some for myself and my family for our next trip. Target sells them for $9.99.

Cooling towels definitely make a difference. We did not like the neck fans, but we had little round ones that recharged and could be worn around your neck, but we just held it in our hands in line. I an posting a link, hope that's allowed- it was really much more powerful than the neck kind to us-
Amazon.com: EasyAcc Hand Free Handheld Necklace Fan Mini Portable Outdoor Fan with 2600 mAh Rechargeable Battery 6-18 Working Hours Palm-sized and 3 Setting 180° Rotating Adjustment for Home and Travel: Home & Kitchen

This is a great thread - anyone have suggestions on good UV umbrellas? We are a family of 5 going with another family of 5 - so 10 bulky umbrellas would probably not be good :-)

Also - any good suggestions for neck towels?

We just bought 4 of these for our August trip: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082R2GFNG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

One of the 4 didn't open quite as well, but we decided to just keep it rather than return for a different one. They're very small, cheap (important for us), and definitely don't let sunlight through. We wanted ones that would work well for just one person and these seem to fit the bill.

For cooling towels, I've always had good luck with Frogg Toggs:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B082R2GFNG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
If you get the 33x13" ones ("Chilly pad") you can cut them lengthwise to get two towels for the price of one. They can get a bit smelly after a day or two, so be sure to rinse them well each night. If you happen to get one with mold, be sure to return it for a different one. It happens. It's not a big deal.

Last year with COVID was the first time I ever used a UV umbrella. With many of the queues stretched outside and uncovered, I thought it might be helpful and it was a lifesaver. I will definitely keep that in my arsenal. We also are fans of the cooling towels, easy to fold up and keep in our cooler backpack with waters and take out and use as needed. I also have a small battery fan in my purse. I use it occassionally, but more just to take the edge off. I am sure the neck fans work fine, but lugging those around all day and risking getting my hair tangled in them and just having them touching my neck seems like it would not be a good choice for us. I can assure you, I would be the person who ends up carrying them around all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter