National/EA Experts....Help??

minster22

DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis
My DH and I just returned and we used National for the first time and got a great rate using the DC discount along with the code everyone is using.We are not EA members but they allowed us to choose whatever we wanted. We had booked an SUV so that is what we choose. My question is this... our next trip is with 7 women for a 50th Birthday celebration. Of course we will need a minivan. While my DH and were looking over the vehicles there were lots of minivans!! Should I join EA and go with National and get a great rate and hope for a minivan? Are they always available on EA? Right now I have Dollar booked with a very good rate but would save about $30.00 with NATIONAL/EA. Thanks in advance for your imput!!

There are not always minivans on the Emerald Aisle. If you know you will need a minivan, you should book a minivan. Otherwise, you could end up with the size you actually booked, as that is all you are guaranteed. If you book a minivan through National, you can use the Emerald Choice service at MCO. That means you can choose the minvan you prefer from the minivan aisle.

FWIW, you may have a problem fitting 7 adults and all their luggage into one vehicle, even if it is a minivan. Best tell everyone to pack light if that is your plan! If it were me, I'd consider two vehicles - both for luggage room and in case not everyone wants to go to the same places at the same times.

Enjoy your trip!

Thank you CarolMN....that is just as I thought but I am always hoping to save a bit more!! Since we are only going for a quick 4 night trip we have advised everyone pack light and we should be able to fit everyone and all luggage. We are going to have a couple of drivers so if someone wants to do something different than the rest of the group they can or we'll use Disney transportation. We are staying at the Boardwalk so we have a lot of transportation options. Thanks for your input. We are arriving on a Saturday also which I am sure will affect the availability of vehicles.

For our trips to WDW (5/01; 10/01; 4/02); we are 0 for 3 with a minivan on the EA. Each time we were lucky we booked a full size; and twice ended up getting it out of the full size aisle; not EA (there were no full size cars on EA).

I have always read about those who get some fantastic vehicle; but we have found that the only thing EA has gained us is the speed out of the airport! So now I only book National if they are competative with the other on-site rental companies.

Trudy

Well, if you have more than one driver listed you can't use EA anyway so I would not bother to join. (The only expception is spoues)

Keep in mind that EA is marketed towards business travelers who don't like Mini vans so there are not normally alot of them on the aisle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter