Nassau

Knickle

Earning My Ears
next weekend we are leaving on our 3 night cruise on the dream. We will have our 7 year old daughter and 3 year old son. When we are in Nassau, how could we get to Atlantis? Or is there a beach close to the port? Trying to plan if we should even get off the ship....

Thank you!!

Nassau, and Atlantis, are both nice if you've never been before. But, it's the type of place a lot of people don't need to go back if they've been before. With a 7 year old and a 3 year old, you may want to seriously consider just hanging out on the ship that day. On a three night cruise, which goes fast, you may be better off seeing what's offered on the ship while a lot of the other guests are not on board.

You can take a taxi or water taxi to Atlantis from the port, but, if you haven't purchased some type of day pass to Atlantis, there won't be much to see as they limit access to their facilities to those staying there or to those who have purchased passes. You can walk around the Marina Village and that's about it (it's just shops and restaurants). I'm not a huge Nassau fan. On a 3-day cruise, I would use the Nassau day to enjoy a somewhat empty ship.

You can take a taxi or water taxi to Atlantis from the port, but, if you haven't purchased some type of day pass to Atlantis, there won't be much to see as they limit access to their facilities to those staying there or to those who have purchased passes. You can walk around the Marina Village and that's about it (it's just shops and restaurants). I'm not a huge Nassau fan. On a 3-day cruise, I would use the Nassau day to enjoy a somewhat empty ship.

Thank you for the info!!

https://www.disboards.com/threads/atlantis-using-the-comfort-suites-trick-it-works.3662215/

Crowls posted this information about Atlantis a while ago. From everything I have heard DisneyWishes14 is correct about having to have something booked for Atlantis.

When we were at Nassau last January we went into the port for about an hour - bought a drink and ice cream with my DH and DS5, took a few pictures and then went back to the shop and enjoyed the slide and pool.

If you’ve never been I think you should at least get off the ship and walk around the touristy area of the port. Your kids would probably enjoy the straw market.

Junkanoo(sp?) Beach is about a 15 minute walk from the port. Turn right and keep walking past the Colonial Hilton. It’s free but I believe there is some construction going on there now.

Speaking of which, Colonial Hilton is a good spot if you’re looking for a private beach area and just want to use a pool and/or beach. A google search will pop up sites that sell day passes.

If you go to Atlantis, you will need to book something there, you can't just go and walk around. The taxi is $4 each person, each way. When you step off the ship, they will direct you to the taxis. We have done this twice, seamless. You can book the waterpark for Atlantis through Resort for a Day for less than DCL. Or if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can book a room on points for free and obviously not use the room (we have done this twice also).

We have kids those same ages and in our experience they are much happier staying in the ship. If the weather is nice, maybe a quick trip through the market just to say you have been. But on our last trip in 2017 most of the area was closed for renovations and very few shops were open. Maybe someone else can chime in with an update on the renovations.

next weekend we are leaving on our 3 night cruise on the dream. We will have our 7 year old daughter and 3 year old son. When we are in Nassau, how could we get to Atlantis? Or is there a beach close to the port? Trying to plan if we should even get off the ship....

Thank you!!

With kids that age, since you're looking for a beach day, I would recommend the Colonial Hilton. A day pass for adults is around $75, but that does include a $40 food and beverage credit. Your little one would be free. It's an easy 10 minute walk from the cruise pier. They have a nice beach, and a pool area.

On a three night cruise, which goes fast, you may be better off seeing what's offered on the ship while a lot of the other guests are not on board.
On a 3-day cruise, I would use the Nassau day to enjoy a somewhat empty ship.
As someone who visits Atlantis/Nassau annually, and has done a Disney Cruise, I also suggest staying on the ship. One day is not nearly enough to get the full Atlantis experience. And the cruise is so short, you should spend every available moment enjoying the ship.

Three nights is short and we are no fans of Nassau. I would recommend staying on the ship. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter