MyPoints Amtrak Email is a GREAT Deal!

FoodLover

Founder of MouseSavers.com
Hi all,

My husband just got a MyPoints e-mail offering the following:

5 points for clicking on the e-mail
50 points for registering with Amtrak Rewards (free, short form)
2450 points for buying an Amtrak ticket online!

For $4.50, bought a one-way ticket from San Jose, CA (SJC) to Oakland, CA (OKJ) using promo code H267 (which gives you 50% off most California fares). You have to book the ticket at least 2 days in advance with this code.

I think $4.50 for 2450 points is pretty darn good, since that many points are worth close to $20 in awards.

By the way, ALL of these Amtrak offers give you a blue pop-up that says you get your points overnight!

So if you get the Amtrak e-mail, don't throw it out!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

Man, If I knew I could get that good of a deal I wouldn't have deleted the email after receiving the 5 points. :(

Thanks so much for sharing your "travel plan"! I'm just wondering if you got the 2450 pts even though you used a different code than the one in the email? "MyPoints members earn 2,450 Points for booking this offer!"?

deanvm, my husband got the offer, but I didn't. I guess they are targeting it to certain people.

BuzzMe, we just did this today so I'll have to check tomorrow and make sure he got the points. However, I'm pretty positive he will, because once we had made the purchase, we got a blue pop-up window that said he had gotten 2450 points and they would be credited overnight!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I think I'll give it a try. Mary, thank you so much for the incredible savings you so generously share!

I just went to Mypoints and clicked on shopping, than travel, and there is the same offer for 25% off travel/2450 points for Amtrak!!

It's on the mypoints website too!!! Under earn points, travel. Go get those points!
Woohoo!

Cool! I was just able to get this offer for my account by going through the MyPoints site. Good find, BuzzMe!

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I got a ticket for 2.55 and dh found one for 1.50.What a deal for all those points.I'm going to call sil and tell her tomorrow.April

Using CA 50% off code on Amtrak's website. If you get the email, can you do that and do the one on the website???

Originally posted by twoksmom
I got a ticket for 2.55 and dh found one for 1.50.What a deal for all those points.I'm going to call sil and tell her tomorrow.April

Where did you book your trip from and to on the $1.50 rate? TIA Mickey

The link from Mypoints to Amtrak isn't working this morning! I hope they don't pull this offer! :(

I did the Amtrak thing last night, but when the blue screen was suppose to pop up, I got the screen that said that they were unable to get to that screen. Then when I checked Mypoints this morning, the points were not credited.

Did everybody else receive their points?

Thanks,
Kris

I booked lax to bur- at a cost of 1.63 when using the 50% off california code. After paying for the ticket I received the screen that said I would be credited with 2450 points tomorrow.

Steve

Ugh, neither my husband or I got the darn points overnight! Hopefully they are just delayed a day. :(

Sorry if I led anyone down the wrong path on this one.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter